Help! BWO BHS on beam!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have my BWO BWO series on high and compete those. I have done some BWO BHS on high with with a spot and some mats, but I have jammed my finger and completely missed both hands on one too. I really need help getting this down. I have all summer. I am working backwards going back to the floor and low beams. I have an idea how to place my hands. I think I think too much about. Can someone please give me some advice??? Thanks.

It sounds like going back to the floor beam is a good idea. Having a finger jam, well, it just happens to even well trained gymnasts, but not often. Missing both hands is a real no-no. Sounds like you need more training on single back handsprings on the high beam to build up muscle memory so your arms will place your hands close enough to the beam that missing it won't happen.

I like to use a test of the number of back handsprings a particular gymnast can do in a minute before allowing them to advance to a higher beam or into series work. The number I've seen work is six, and I think that's a low number. So unless I see six stickable back handsprings in less than sixty seconds, done daily for at least a week, you'll keep working on the same beam set-up with no further challenges or complications.

@iwannacoach- my coach has recommended that I keep working the connection - I need one for gold excel and I need the momentum of the back walkover. Thank you for the advice! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back