Help for bars(Kip cast handstand)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

~minhthy~gymnast~

Hello peeps again! Lol anyways I need help for my Kip cast handstand. It can be a l low bar for practice. Anyways if any of you have tips that's great but if any of you guys have instructions or steps with tips that's even better!

Tips or a small written walkthrough would be perfect! Ohh, if there are any small drills that would be cool too!

I'm not that bad but if I get I all the way to the top it would be really bad form lol

Thanx

Do you have a set of boys pbars at your gym? If you do you can set one higher and one lower. Put your hands on the lower one and hips/legs on the higher one. Then cast to handstand (put a stack of mats in front of the lower bar so that you can land on them in a way similar to handstand flat backs on vault). You can lower the higher one as you get better.

Also, you could try casting to a chin hold on the bar and then push of the bar so you land on your feet on the other side. This helps with the fear of falling over. You can straighten your arms more each time until you can do it with straight arms.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back