Hight question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I did mean 6 foot nine but I let the computer convert it. (176cm

Aaaaaah. Well that makes more sense. According to google thats about 5.7 feet which sounds a LOT more likely.

Don't give up - I'm sure that if you had put your correct height in the original question the answers would have been completely different. Have fun with gymnastics!

Yeah, there's a huge difference between 5'9" and 6'9" (that would be more like 205 cm)! :)

From my (admittedly limited) experience, Germany is much more adult-friendly than the US when it comes to gymnastics. I briefly practiced with a uni team, and there was a student who didn't start gymnastics until she was about your age.

205 cm!! OMG noo ! lol :D
Im sorry now I understand why someone here thought it was a hoax :smirk:

God I feel stupid now.

LOL hey we all make mistakes.

But if your looking for something other than swimming have you tried any of the track and field sports 5' 9" would be a perfect height for that.

Someone already suggested it but rhythmic gymnastics is also an option. Many rhythmic gymnasts are taller and 5'7"-5'9" would not be out of line with others. I know that there are several rhythmic programs in Germany and I think the German Nationals are coming right up. I don't know if any of the programs have classes for adults. If you are interested go to rsg.net, there are several Germans on the forum and they would know.

Somewhat off-topic, but this thread made me giggle. First to see even the most die-hard, encouraging CBers trying to picture a 205 cm woman doing a bars routine. And then to realize that once again, America’s clinging to the old English measurement system causing confusion. I love my country, but our resistance to switching to the metric system has caused all sorts of problems (many not nearly as funny as this one). Does anyone remember the Mars Orbiter?

Anyway, now that the height issue is cleared up, good luck with starting gymnastics. I know nothing about gyms in Germany so I can’t give help you out, but it sounds like other people gave you good advice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back