I need faries this time!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
F

flippersmom

I am judging at my first meet on Saturday. Wish me luck! I've done practice judging but this is the first time my scores will count for the gymnast.

DD also has a meet, but a teammate can take her. It will be the first meet I don't go to. It's the last one before states. If she does well, I will wonder if I should go to states or not!

Thanks.

I am judging 4, 5 and 6. I am hoping for old music, the new music just gets on my nerves, but it will just be background noise since I'm not judging floor at all. I get to judge beam, which when I practiced was probably one of my stronger (beam and bars). Just glad I don't have to judge vault because although I can tell if its good or bad, it is still too quick for my to get where all the deductions are so fast. Need to practice that more. I'm just glad it's not dd's meet!

I totally hear you on vault. I am the same, I could give a global guess on the score, but to actually note the faults, I don't think so. Beam would be a great place to start as they are easy to follow and the skills are very clear.

Great. I am sure you will do well. I am a judge too and love doing it. I did 3 competitions last week, the new system, with the worth of an exercise and then the 10 - whatever deduction, but it is a lot more complicated than that.

i prefer beam too, but that has a good reason too. I am blind with 1 eye and beam goes slow enough for me to follow it and write. I always have the symbols already written out before hand on top of a page, so I just have to do the ,1 ,3 ,5 or 1,0 deductions

How does it work for you guys. Do you do the old system, with everything coming off of 10, or do you do the same as we do now?

Anyways, again, I am sure you will do great!!!

It's compulsory, so it's all the same routine for the level. Scored out of 10.0. Each skill has an assigned value, and specific deductions can be applied, plus general form deductions. There is shorthand for the major skills and it's help to know it so if I am off from the other judge, we can compare where we took deductions. I know that I am with a National Judge who is very experienced.

I can understand why you like beam better! I like it because it is one of DD's better events, so I like to watch it.

Sending you lots of luck! I'm sure you and flipper will both do great!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back