WAG Identifying Elite Talent-- how young can you tell a child has that special something?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It is nice to see that there are some actual tall gymnasts out there. I had always assumed that my youngest DD would eventually have to drop gymnastics just based on her height. The doctor predicts that she will be 5'9" - 6" based on her height as she has grown (she has always been 90% - "off the charts"). My twins are both a little on the shorter than average side (DS more than DD). If someone were to look at my husband and I they would assume our kids would be average - short. I'm 5'5", DH is 5'10". But I have a girl cousin who is 6'. I'm the shortest person in my family. DH's sister is 6' and his brother is I think 6'4".

so height based on parents can be a tricky thing to predict. ;-)

And just what height is "too tall" to be an elite gymnast?...like at what "predicted height" would you rule someone out?

Hey Mom's - sounds like we better lay off the 5" heels when picking our kids up from the gym...haha ;)...and have our basketball player husbands stay in the car...lol...

I'm just kidding...I know I'd rather my DD stay tiny at least until she gets her giants - last thing she needs is the added stress of worrying about hitting her feet on the low bar when she's learning them. At this point is pretty much impossible. I'm also more comfortable that the coaches can spot her well when she's small.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back