WAG Is it a fear, or mental block, or does it matter?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd is having trouble with the lo also. Like your dd she is fine on tumble track but has trouble on the floor. My dd takes longer than average to get a skill so I dont worry too much. They tell my dd that her issue is the length of her bhs. She shortens it somehow. Maybe its not fear or block.

Good news.... Slowly but surely DD seems to be improving. So, looks like, whatever the coaches are doing, is working.

And her Mom's therapy ( of consulting CB) is working to decrease my anxiety, too! Ha ha!

Great! Sometimes I think it just not thinking about it for a while and then coming back to it does wonders especially if it's some kind of block/fear. It's great when they begin to work through something!

Dunno. Is it vestibular if DD was okay doing bhs bhs series for some time, but then coach says "Okay, I don't want you getting used to doing it on just that beam. Now you have to do one on at least five different beams"? DD is okay one day and whips them out, but the next few days she only manages three because as she says, " The beams feel crooked." "I don't know why I don't go. I want to, but I just stop myself."
The pressure she feels on both ends is causing her to balk as well no doubt. She is only ten. Her ff ff series is pretty when she goes for it and is so darn solid. She knows she can do it; her coaches know she can do it. Frustration is felt by all. I hope someone sees this post...

Dunno. Is it vestibular if DD was okay doing bhs bhs series for some time, but then coach says "Okay, I don't want you getting used to doing it on just that beam. Now you have to do one on at least five different beams"? DD is okay one day and whips them out, but the next few days she only manages three because as she says, " The beams feel crooked." "I don't know why I don't go. I want to, but I just stop myself."
The pressure she feels on both ends is causing her to balk as well no doubt. She is only ten. Her ff ff series is pretty when she goes for it and is so darn solid. She knows she can do it; her coaches know she can do it. Frustration is felt by all. I hope someone sees this post...
Sound exactly like my DD at 10...fast forward to 12 and still having trouble with the stupid thing - even with a beautiful series, never falls on BHS, etc....don't know the answer, but her new coach has her doing tons on floor beam - and does not allow her to stop in between BHS if it doesn't feel "right" - thinks she got hung up on the "perfect first BHS"....who knows. I do know that she's continuing to work other things (BT on beam) and different series while working on this one...but she's set on not letting it "defeat her" - good luck to a shorter course of this for your DD!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back