Parents It shouldn't be THIS hard!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cbifoja

Proud Parent
I'm making a video/movie of our team's activities, meets, fundraisers, parties, etc. My plan is to burn it on CDs when it is finished and give each team members a copy as a gift from the booster club.

Anyway....I cannot find a good song for the team camp portion. I want something current, positive, uplifting, and upbeat.....and appropriate for kids as young as 6 to hear. My goodness....does no one make music anymore without curse words, calling women derogatory names, or alluding to sex, being sexy, or wanting to "get with" a member of the opposite sex?????

It is SO ridiculous! I'd love to use something like Dynamite by Taio Cruz but that's a few years old now and I'd like something more current but with that same feel. Most of the artists that make music for that target audience just have the most awful language.

And now that I sound like my mom did when I was a teenager, I'll shut up. :D

Old song- but R Kelly's "World's Greatest" is also a good gymnastics video song, and my DD still loves "Dynamite" FWIW. Also, you can find clean versions of most popular songs- much to my chagrin my DD loves "Starships" Niki Minaj has a potty mouth and my DD informed me she *knows* what she is saying when she listens to the clean version (the only version, to my knowledge, she knows).

Maybe something from Kidz Bop. They tend to clean up the lyrics. Maybe "Stronger" from Kidz Bop 22. Or the song "Firework"?

How about Cathy Heller's "Together We Rock"? It is upbeat, is appropriate for little kids (it's on the soundtrack of an American Girl movie), and has a nice theme of teamwork.

Great suggestions! I also have these to offer:

Taylor Swift: Change
Good Feeling: Flo Rida
T.I. (feat Rhianna): Live Your Life
Selena Gomez: Who Says
Charice: One Day
Marroon Five: Moves Like Jagger

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back