Just for fun: curious what level

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I'm injured and waiting until next week to hopefully train again. So while I'm not at training I thought I'd distract myself by asking you guys (just for fun:
What Xcel level (or what DP level) would I be training on bars? I'm not american, we have very different levels here, so I'm fully just asking for fun. (actually interesting how our system works very differently with age and level, but that's a whole different story).

I hope this kind of conversation just for fun and not actually needing advise is also okay.

I have:
- Kip low and high bar
- Toe shoot to high bar
- back hip circle (or multiple in a row. My record is 4 I think?)
- front hip circle
- Clear hip to below horizontal, working towards higher.
- Cast to horizontal, working towards 45 degrees above horizontal and/or straddle handstand
- flyaway dismount
- I think I can do a full turn kip mount which is a higher difficulty value
- I have a poor sole circle so I'd have to jump to high bar from it, but I've only ever tried it like three times so with a bit of training I could probably fine tune it
I'm thinking of switching to work on a toe on to HS or horizontal, rather than clear hip, because it seems more intuitive personally as I've already been doing the toe shoot. I'm gonna discuss this with the coach.

I wonder if I'm missing anything...
I'd also be curious what level I'm at on the other apparatuses, but I figured let's keep it simple. I know i'd be waaay behind on those though

Solid Lv.4/Gold, and maaaaaybe Lv.5/6 or Platinum depending on your form. In Lv.6 your clear hip needs to be above horizontal and your kip casts need to be above horizontal - you will get amplitude deductions for casts below 45 degrees and your start value goes down if they are below horizontal.

Solid Lv.4/Gold, and maaaaaybe Lv.5/6 or Platinum depending on your form. In Lv.6 your clear hip needs to be above horizontal and your kip casts need to be above horizontal - you will get amplitude deductions for casts below 45 degrees and your start value goes down if they are below horizontal.
Nice,

I do think my form on most of this stuff is quite good, my kip is straight arm cast to above horizontal. Really my main form issues are in my toe shoot because I haven't been able to practise it for a while (I tend to bend my knees and not be able to kip right out of it).
My flyaway is tucked, I'd want to try working towards layout but I'd have no idea where to start. I keep meaning to bring it up with the coach but I forget to. Plus right now there's a meet I hope to join and the skills for that are the priority. After that I'll probably focus more on giants and the layout. (I have a sort of adult rec class, so we have to ask the coach to work on stuff, we don't get told what to do. And it's usually only 1 coach on a lot of us and only 1.5hrs so sometimes he's also too busy to ask a lot in one class)

Oddly, we don't have clear hip to horizontal, we just have handstand or no handstand (C vs B). I think the US way is way better for developing.
(On a sidenote, I think the US way is brilliant for developing, though it is restricting. Like certain skills you'll see in other countries but not in the US because it doesn't fit as much in the DP skill path)

PS. I definitely don't flex my foot, my feet are actually a bit abnormal and flexing them is difficult for me, they're pointed by default. It's very problematic but gymnasts and dancers are always jelous.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back