Parents L4 beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

BPD304

Proud Parent
Can someone give me an idea on what this might score in a meet? I know there are a few places where she could kick (lever) higher and with an straighter leg. Her leaps and jump can be higher.

I'm just curious. This looks so much better then last year (repeating L4) and just wanted a comparison. Her first meet isn't till mid November so still time to improve.

I'm studying for the judging exam and I think about 8.3-8.5. There are some issues with bent legs, feet in incorrect positions and a lack of rhythm and releve. It will clean up into a beautiful routine as soon as she feels more comfortable.

I would say around 8.8-9.0 depending on judging. I'm not a judge by any means but compulsory judging can be really tough from what I've seen, especially on beam b/c they are so many elements. And they are great at finding every single bent knee, etc. But overall it looks like a very nice routine! Great job!

im in agreement with beachgirl. im not a judge but in that range is was what i was going to guess. hope she has a great season!

8.1 - 8.3 is what that would probably receive in our neck of the woods. A bunch of it is loose legs and feet. This is the definition of getting 'tenth to death'.

While getting the routine tighter all around will be a work in progress, the three biggest areas that would increase the score dramatically (imo) would be working on the split leap/jump (bent legs/feet as well as angle deductions there), handstand (bent legs, flexed feet and lack of time holding) and the dismount (leg/feet issues, angle issues, time held).

I really don't know what it would score, but I do see lots of bent knees and not pointed feet. As well, it's not clear her leap was big enough.

I scored it at an 8.6. Some clean up is really all it will take. Leap and jump need height, legs n toes too. Scale needs to be at horizontal. Handstand needs clean up. She's in great shape to get over 9 during her season. Good luck to her!

Thanks everyone! Her coach told her last year if she would fully extend and straighten her legs and point her toes her score would drastically improve on every event. Queen bee was right she got "tenth to death" last year. (Most events last year scored in the range of 7.5-8.3 )

She switched from cheer to gymnastics at 9 (had done rec gym off and on but nothing serious) and she has a ton of bad habits to break. (She just turned 11)

Reactions: sce
Can someone give me an idea on what this might score in a meet? I know there are a few places where she could kick (lever) higher and with an straighter leg. Her leaps and jump can be higher.

I'm just curious. This looks so much better then last year (repeating L4) and just wanted a comparison. Her first meet isn't till mid November so still time to improve.

I have an 8.4.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back