WAG L4 mobility score

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

WE just went to a meet where the highest aa for a session of level 4 was 33.2!

It’s very disheartening each age division only like 1st and 2nd had a score of 34. My daughter will never be one of the best but she really loves the sport! I don’t understand why they are so harsh on the scoring at some of these meets!

Well we are getting another shot, coach asked if she wanted to go to another smaller meet in April, she believes the judging will be much better. In a way I am like no I am done lol but I know my daughter wants to do it so here we go again! Hopefully the judges are a bit more forgiving.... a 7.60 at this last meet was good enough for 4th place for my daughter it was her lowest bar score of the year the last meet she scored 8.35 and I believe this one was better. The subjective ness of this sport really bugs me! And if a gymnasts scores middle of the pack most of the time shouldn’t they be ready to move up!
Seems like a good compromise, she can tart working some next level skills and keep working to improve the level 4 routines and then hopefully get the 34 in April.

Wow! That's really tough scoring. How awful for such young kids. What regions are you in, @gymgirl0514 and @Peachykeehn? My kid got a 34.5 in a level 4 meet in the fall and came in 2nd to last for her age group... the scoring disparity region to region is truly appalling. Especially when a universal score determines mobility. I'm sorry that happened and I'm certain that she'll do great at the next meet! Sounds like your coaches are great and willing to work through it all!

Wow! That's really tough scoring. How awful for such young kids. What regions are you in, @gymgirl0514 and @Peachykeehn? My kid got a 34.5 in a level 4 meet in the fall and came in 2nd to last for her age group... the scoring disparity region to region is truly appalling. Especially when a universal score determines mobility. I'm sorry that happened and I'm certain that she'll do great at the next meet! Sounds like your coaches are great and willing to work through it all!

I think we are Region 7 PA ... our coaches do seem great, I think they know how hard she works and it makes me feel good that they aren’t just going to give up on her!

Although I told her that you aren’t given too many second chances in life so she really has to make this count!! Not sure she understands the scope of what that means at 9 lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back