Parents L5 what is deduction for no BWO on beam?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LuckyMommy

Proud Parent
An online search did not lead me to this answer. DD is inconsisent with her BWO on beam -- sometimes gets it, but more recently she is either landing one foot and falling off, or missing it completely. When she misses it completely, she tries again and always falls and then the rest of her routine is horrid. Should she NOT try it again if she misses the first time? Is it worse to miss and fall a second time?

What are the deductions for:
--landing one foot and falling off,
--or missing it completely and falling off,
--trying a second time and falling off again.

Thanks for any input here, I don't get to ask the coaches questions.
LuckyMommy

There are a lot of scenarios there and all have different deduction values that I won't even try to get right. Attempting and getting one foot on and then falling is .5. There may be additional deductions for form, etcetera. Attempting and not touching a foot means no credit for the element, plus a fall. Attempting again or not should probably be a coaching decision. Different coaches will have different philosophies on that.

If she does it and her feet miss the beam it is considered not doing the skill - which is another large deduction on top of the .5 for a fall. Our girls have been told to do it again if your feet miss. If you touch your feet and fall then don't try again.

If she does it and her feet miss the beam it is considered not doing the skill - which is another large deduction on top of the .5 for a fall. Our girls have been told to do it again if your feet miss. If you touch your feet and fall then don't try again.

It's been awhile since I took the judging exam, but I believe that if the foot misses the beam then it doesn't count. In compulsory routines, a missing element is double the value of the skill. So if you don't do a flyaway dismount in L5, then it's 1.2 deduction (.6 value - doubled).

Deductions prior to fall are taken.

I am not sure what the deductions are exactly beyond if you miss your feet then you are not given the skill. If your feet hit then you get 0.5 for the fall. As for doing the skill again, it really depends on your coach but at our gym if your feet have hit the beam (so the skill counts) then move on. If they don't touch and it is a required skill then try it again.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back