Last Level 8 Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

After the last two meets being held back by falls, I was really nervous for this meet. It was my last chance to get a 32, and it was going to be especially difficult considering that I just got over walking pneumonia and couldn't go to gym at all last week!

Vault-(8.550)
Still doing a front handspring, but their fun so I don't mind. Took a large step out of my vault, but this is my new highest vault score.

Bars-(7.8)
Tapped my feet on the ground out of my half pirouette, and had a really ugly clearhip and kind of arched giants! Also, I looked at the tape and found out that I bend my knees slightly in my cast and pretty badly in my kip.

Beam-(7.425)
Didn't connect my series and fell on my roundoff. Small split leap and a wobble in my jump 3/4. Luckily, this was the first time I've landed a bhs on beam in a meet!

Floor-(8.35)
I'm actually pretty bummed about this score. I landed my fhs front layout front tuck but stepped out of bounds. My legs were together in my back tumbling and my leaps were pretty big too. I thought my routine was at least going to be an 8.5.

Well, it was cutting it close to get the 32, but I've got a lot of this meet learning wise.

Is it so wonderful that you can reflect on the meet and learn something, that is even more important than the score. I am so happy that you made your goal and I am sure you will continue to improve from here.

Good job on getting that elusive 32....so who cares by how much...you did it...you set a goal and you achieved it and that is what counts...Looks like things are looking up for you and because you've learned so much this year, next year will be even easier....WTG

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back