MAG Level 1, 2 &3 boys

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

GymMom&Coach

Coach
Proud Parent
I am very new to coaching boys gymnastics and at our gym we have a boys beginner class and advanced, which i believe is level 1 or 2's.
I could RAELLY use some basic info on coaching boys. My beginner class I can handle just fine, its obveous what they need to work on, but my advanced class im started to get lost.
One of my boys just got his backhandspring on tramp and tumble track alone, so im looking for some drills to strengthen that area for him so he can move it to floor.
I also need some ideas for conditioning.
Is there somewhere I can see a list of lower level boys skills for each level?
thanks!

Floor - forward roll, handstand rolls, back extension rolls, cartwheels, round offs, bridges, shapes, flexibility (splits), presses, lots of handstands, handstand walking, forward headsprings, forward handsprings, dive rolls.
Pommel - lots of leg swings, ins and outs, false scissors and lots of mushroom circles
Rings - Lots of swings, chin ups, inverted hang, basket hold, L hang, dorsal hang, inclocate, casts, half arm swing
Vault - Straight jumps, running drills, handstand drills, front tuck salto's
P Bars - lots of swings, straddle sit, basket kips, shoulder stand, forward rolls, dips, chicken wings'
High bar - beat swings, long hang swings, chin ups, pullovers, casts, back hip circles, underswings, and kips
Trampoline - Back and front handsprings, front tucks, back tucks, front and back layouts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back