Level 3 Pre Team?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay so maybe if you look at/saw my other post you would know that today we got our 'report cards' back. Sooo..i am on Level 3 Pre Team! i know, most of you are like..wow. haha. but, i am a beginner. so. no hate:) so, what i am just trying to ask is, what is the MAJOR skills you need to be able to be on team? I will tell you what I have on my..'report card' like, tell you the stuff I achieved.

Balance Beam:
Front Support
Arabesque
Running Steps
Pivot Turn

Floor:
Round Off
Front Leg Balance
Forward Chasse
Coupe Half Turn
Stretch Jump
Tuck Jump

We didn't train on vault, and the only thing I got on bars was Front Hip Circle. I am also really close to my Pullover, I can get over the bar, just can't get up, hahaha!
My other questions;
What do you work on in Pre Team [level 3]
How long do you practice?
By the way, this is for the USA, haha.
Please try to answer all of them!![:

My daughter is learning the level 3 routines. These are the major things you learn for them:

Bars:
Pullover
Back Hip Circle
Mill/Stride Circle
Dismount is where you cast to kind of a squat on and then swing and release under the bar...not sure what it's called.

Floor:
Handstand Forward Roll
Round Off
Backwards Roll to push-up position
Backbend to Kickover
...the rest is what you have listed under Floor in your post

Beam:
..everything you listed plus:
Handstand (I don't think they're required to go all the way to vertical)
Split jump
Dismount looks like the start of a cartwheel and then they fall down to the mat

Vault is a forward roll.

You could search Youtube for Level 3 routines and find everything you need to know.

Front hip circle isn't needed until Level 4 so you're ahead of the game there! :)

My daughter goes 3 hours a week (1.5 hours 2x/week).

Hope this helps!

What is the first level your gym competes? I'm guessing L4 but there is a gym near here that calls its last level of preteam Level 3 and then goes into the AAU Level 3 team.

Look up the routines for that level. Go watch a practice.

Around here, the gyms at about that preteam level, that have preteam go 4-5 hours a week.

You tube is great for watching routines! Ok, so the bar dismount is a sole circle dismount, cast up, feet on bars and swing under-wicked fun. Handstand on beam is not required verticle until level 5(though not deducted if vertical is hit). dismount on beam is a cartwheel to side handstand, and fall off lol. On your pullover, it's going to take some ab stregnth to get yourself over and up, sounds like you already have the hard part down pat! I would work some hanging leg lifts and v-ups to help with that. I'm not working pre-team so I don't know what your coaches would want you to do, but sounds like you are making great progress thus far! Oh, and I believe pre-team here is about 4-6 hours, depending on the gym, some may be 3 hours

@emorymom, Well, most gyms I know start at Level 4 to compete, but I know some gyms that start at level 2! Haha. everything is different. :)
@ejgymmom, thanks! that was really helpful.
@nicci1999, thanks! i will start working on that.

It sounds like you've gotten most of the info on the skill set for L3.

Regarding time - my daughter's gym is 4 hrs = 2hrs/2x week. Open gym is an option for additional practice, which is an additional 2 hrs on a Saturday afternoon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back