Parents Level 4, 20 hours a week

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I wonder if it depends on age too. Our gym does 14hrs for level 3 and 18 for level 4. That being said, they tend to move kids up levels slowly so they are more than ready to compete at the next level once they advance.

I wonder if it depends on age too. Our gym does 14hrs for level 3 and 18 for level 4. That being said, they tend to move kids up levels slowly so they are more than ready to compete at the next level once they advance.
How old are kids in level 3 & 4 at your gym?

They are typically pretty young. Level 3 is 6/7 level 4 looks to be 7-9. The older girls are on xcel. You can only tryout for xcel also. There arent any tryouts for DP.

Our Gym does 12 hours for the level 3/4. The 5's-optionals are at 16 I believe.
My daughter is in her first year as a level 3 and we usually work in a 1 hour or so split private with another girl once a week.

My daughter started level 4 at 9 hours, then moved to 16, and then did 20 her 2nd year of 4. She went right to 7 after that. I think typical hours for most our 4s is 16 right now.

One gym we were at with an Olympic coach had about 25 level 4s that trained 24 hours a week AND most of those kids did at least one weekly private lesson and you can see where this is going....multiple stress fractures of the back, OCD of elbows; injuries galore...exactly ONE of those 25 stayed in the sport long term and committed to a D1 team...only to medically retire in her second year. So no, 20 hours a week is lunacy for a level 4.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back