Parents Level 4 score out. New 36 rule.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

They raised the score to 36?! I thought it was 34 - unless this is a gym specific rule

Are you asking about skipping 5 and going to 6? It looks like it can be at any 2 sanctioned level 4 meets so I don't see why states wouldn't count. The best thing to do would be to check with the coach. They could still want girls to do 5 even if they met the requirements.

If they score a 36 2x in a sanctioned meet, they can now skip Level 5 and go directly to Level 6.
Ah! Thanks. Still doesn't make much sense to me given L 5 and 6 are essentially the same so if one can go to L5 with a 34 then they should be able to go to L6 with the same but oh well.

Ah! Thanks. Still doesn't make much sense to me given L 5 and 6 are essentially the same so if one can go to L5 with a 34 then they should be able to go to L6 with the same but oh well.
L5 and L6 are essentially the same, but L6 routines can be designed to showcase the gymnast's strengths while minimizing their weaknesses. And they can go to L5 with ONE 34. To go to L6, they need TWO scores of 36. The higher score requirement makes sense because a it sets a higher standard to skip the harder scored level.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back