Parents Level 5 meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

JessMom

Proud Parent
Reaction score
well this was our second USAG meet and I was worried about scoring and pressure for nothing LOL. Jess did great and most important her hair looked good - just kidding! most important she has a blast! The best part was getting to compete with her best friend, who is competing her first season ever.

She had what may be the best save of the season on floor - I don't care what it did to her score - it was amazing LOL. She *almost* didn't make the back extension roll . . .

She got 3rd All Around (34.60) & a new high on beam (9.2). They didn't award any events, which I think was a rip off. We won't know where she placed in anything until the gym posts scores. They got AA medals and ribbons for scores and ribbons for sticking landings.

Only 2 weeks till the next meets and we have two back to back! Jess is thrilled! Last year in USAIGC our gym only did 4 meets. She loves that part of it . . . well, she loves ALL parts of gymnastics . . even conditioning - she's a nut :D

[youtube]yVALTBleCDs[/youtube]

Last edited:
Jess did a great job,little Bog watched with me as she has loved jess's kip video (her inspiaration!) SHame about the scoring, but I guess in some persons mind this is a way of taking the pressure off. Mut've been a lot of frustrated parents though!

I think she did great !!!

I loved that save on floor too !!!

Very solid on beam too !

Congrats to Jess for a new high score on beam! I too LOVED her save on floor! What a quick thinker! Very impressive! Sometimes I am just as impressed by how they recover from a fall or mishap then the actual skill. Liv's second meet she had a mishap on floor too and had a quick recovery. Amazing how quickly these little girls can think and recover. Again, Great Job Jess!

She did great. Love her hair! That was an amazing save on floor. She was NOT going to fall, LOL. Congrats to her on her personal best and on 3rd AA!! Glad she is enjoying and doing well in USAG. :)

Congratulations! She did really great! I, too, loved the save on floor. And her beam routine was wonderful ;) How awesome that she even got her personal best score for beam! Great landing on her second vault too...LOVED the video!

AHHH!!! Could she be any cuter!?! :D

Very solid all around meet! Am glad that she is having so much fun.
And you were right...her hair *DID* look good, haha!!

how do you get it to poof like that? Lots & lots of curls? I wonder if Pixie's hair will do that???

OMG what a cutie! Loved the hair too! She did great and I loved her extension roll save too...made for a nice looking skill! Great 2nd vault too! Glad she is doing so well in L5, you can tell she has such a personality from her floor routine!

Thanks! .. . . and that hair cost me 7 bucks! It is FAKE!!!

lmao!! Is it the cheer curls? I ordered some for Pixie at the end of last season because she said she really wanted some. But, I haven't put them on her. I'm afraid to try, lol! I bought two in case she wanted to do piglets and that way we could still do a pony as well. I'm too chicken to sew them on. I'm afraid I'll mess them up. So, they've sat in their boxes for months now :p

lmao!! Is it the cheer curls? I ordered some for Pixie at the end of last season because she said she really wanted some. But, I haven't put them on her. I'm afraid to try, lol! I bought two in case she wanted to do piglets and that way we could still do a pony as well. I'm too chicken to sew them on. I'm afraid I'll mess them up. So, they've sat in their boxes for months now :p

YES! it is! I need to order another one in case something happens to this one. It has been a life saver! Her hair is pin straight and fine - no way curls are going to stay - if anything she'd end up looking like a drowned rat by the second event.

I didn't follow the instructions for the sewing. I just try to sew it across the bun and up through the top. We did a trial run at a practice to make sure it would stay on. I will say she couldn't wait to get it off and her hair out of the bun by the end of the night!

GREAT JOB JESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are gonna rock level 6! (if you are doing level 6 next year!) and if you are not thenyou are going to rock level 5 again!!!!!!!!!!

Wow you're not wrong on that save - it was terrific!!
Loved the split jump on beam and rebound off frontHS was great too!! And of course the hair. :D

Jess did a great job,little Bog watched with me as she has loved jess's kip video (her inspiaration!)

My dd loved this video as well, especially the part with the ball shoved in her leo. Great job on your meet, Jess!!

scores are finally posted . . .

1st on beam . . . 2nd on bars . . . 6th on floor and 7th on vault . . . 3rd AA!

last night she fell on the beam and landed on the leg of the beam funny . . . limping and favoring the other foot today . . . so off we went for our first gymnastics injury xray . . .

If you could imagine - we're in the pediatric emergency clinic and little miss can't be still is on the table doing assorted leg lifts and stretches

good news - no breaks or fractures . . . bad news - 4 days no gym . . . I almost laughed in the Doctors face. We'll have to see about that. we're doing the "RICE" thing tomorrow (rest, Ice, compress, elevate) we'll see what happens. I'm sending the note to school - no gym but she's not one to rest. Her next meet is next weekend . . . with another a week later. . .

She's not swollen or bruised . . . just sore . . .wish us luck

Forgot to mention she argued with the Dr that she is NOT to little for crutches . . crutches are cool . . . she wanted them . . LOL

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back