Level 5 meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NGL780309

DD and I are so happy that she finally reached that magic age of 7 and was able to start competing level 5. I'm so proud of her and happy for her! She had a meet recently and it went really well. She made it into the 8 range on vault which is a gigantic accomplishment for her. Vault has not come easy for her. Her coach tells me that she is going to be so good on vault, but she just isn't there yet. I've never been so happy to see an 8 ever! She was in the 9's on bars, beam and floor so that was awesome. I was super happy about her bars because that was her highest score and bars has not come easy for her either, but has clicked recently and to be close to the mid 9's just starting out was unexpected. Her routine was beautiful and I was so happy that she hit her routine. Her consistency is not there on bars yet, so I was happy she was able to hit her best routine when it counted.

As far as placements, which were secondary to how excited I was that she hit 4 for 4, she was 3rd on 2 events and AA, 2nd on one event and 1st on bars!

Wow. Super super impressive, congrats to her. It took my older DD all season of her L5 year to get out of the 7's on vault!

i bet she is so excited to be able to compete L5. Sounds like she is off to a great start. vault is a struggle for my DD too. it is finally starting to click, she got an 8.5 at her last meet !

Good job! Nice way to start her level 5 season.

Just to clarify the compulsory season is in the fall here, so she's just doing a few extra meets. She will begin her actual level 5 season next fall. The gym lets those girls that want to go to a few big invitationals with the optional girls.

Aww. WTG to your DD. Sounds like by next season she is going to blow everyones socks off.

Just to clarify the compulsory season is in the fall here, so she's just doing a few extra meets. She will begin her actual level 5 season next fall. The gym lets those girls that want to go to a few big invitationals with the optional girls.

Wow! If that's the case, she'll be more than ready for her fall season. :D

Congrats to her! Was that her first level 5 meet? For some reason I was thinking she turned 7 at the beginning of January and was doing a meet then.

Yes you are right gymmomtoo she did a meet earlier too I saw her name on the results of another meet at the beginning of Jan. She made some really good improvements to her scores and placements in her second meet. NGL's post confused me too as it sounded like her second meet was her first meet! Fantastic scores for a new level 5 just turning 7! Congrats! She is obviously doing very well.

WOW! 9's on her first L5 meet are something worth celebrating! That's amazing! Sometimes it is frustrating (for parents & kids!)going from L4 to L5, and some have a slow start, like my DD. She never cracked a 9 on bars in 2 years of L5. Thankfully, it never discouraged her and is happily doing L7 now! Sounds like the start of a great season for your DD and you must be super proud of her!

Sounds like she is off to a fabulous start! My kid didn't see 9s until quite a few meets into her first year of level 5, but I was just as proud of her 7s and 8s as I am now of her 9s in her 2nd year of level 5 and she still gets 8s sometimes, too, and still makes me proud! She will be on fire by her actual season.

Your dd did awesome as a brand new 7 yr old and brand new level 5!! Congrats! My dd was teeny tiny in her first L5 year and scored 6's-7's on vault, and let's not even talk about bars lol!! She eventually worked her way up on both events but looks like your dd is off to a great start!

Those placements are really great for a new Level 5. Was this an In State meet for her? If so, Texas is notoriously tough in those compulsory levels! Way to go!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back