Level 5 vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
Ok so i had a mom ask me a questions i could not answer.

Can a USAG Girls Level 5 Vault on the zero setting on vault with out incuring a deduction.

If there is a deduction how much is it??

Thanks

As I have heard, there is no deduction. Vault tables are generally set based on how tall the girl is and how fast/powerful a runner she is. If she gets too much height, she overrotates, which makes for a less powerful vault. If she doesn't get enough height, she can't make it over with good form or power. If a girl who is hitting too high refuses to go anywhere except on 0, she is probably scared and should conquer her fear to go on the right setting.

I don't think we're supposed to be using 95 (cm) on the table (or 135, the upper setting). Not supposed to be using the highest one for sure, lowest maybe I made that up because it doesn't affect me...I have even the smallest ones on 105 now, that's still pretty low to me. But any setting the rules say are allowable shouldn't incur a deduction. A non-allowable setting and there should be a warning the setting is not allowable.

Yes a level 5 can vault on "zero".

Zero means 100cm from the floor to the top of the table. Some tables can be set lower than zero. We have an old AAI that when shoved all the way down is 95. Then we have an old S/A that when all the way down is about 105.

Typically zero refers to 100 and then each number up from that is 5 cm, so 4 is 120, etc. As long as they are on true "zero" and not shoving the table down to 95 it is allowed.

If the judges see you trying to vault on 95 they will tell you to raise the table. I am not aware that there is or is not a deduction, but you are not allowed to vault on 95, I would guess that voids the vault since it is not allowed per Rules and Policies.

Good to hear this, cause I have a little one that will be moving to 5 in the winter and will start off vaulting at the 0 setting. Hopefully once they get into the summer practices, she will be able to have the vault raised in height.

I've pushed many tables down lower than 0 and never had any issues. I think it really only comes into play with the maximum setting. I have had a judge measure the table height and say it was too high at one meet.

I've pushed many tables down lower than 0 and never had any issues. I think it really only comes into play with the maximum setting. I have had a judge measure the table height and say it was too high at one meet.

This would just depend on the judges where you compete. I HAVE had judges tell us the table was too low when we put it all the way down, and made us raise it.

Gee you are lucky, here the table is 125cm for the under 12's and 135cm for the over 12's. We have to use gymnova spring boards that are grey and are christened "the rock", you cannot take out springs either. It would be lovely to have some flexibility with the vault height.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back