Parents Level 6 tumbling options

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter will be a second year level 6. Her back tumbling pass is strong, it's a RBH BT or layout with no issues. Her front tumbling is not near as strong. Last year she did FHS walkout FHS. She was getting deductions for her entry (too high). She still has not mastered the FHS FT and continues to work on it, some days are better than others. Her first meet is January 22, 2016. In case she doesn't master it, what are the requirements for the other tumbling pass and what are some options to consider? Does there have to be a combination or can she just do a front tuck? As a parent, I just want her to do the skills in which she's strongest and fulfill all requirements. PLEASE HELP...

I think they can just do a FT (like in 5) I saw a lot of that. Does she have a B skill? That's why you see many FHS-FT because it's a B and they need a B.

L6 Floor tumbling requirements are:
2 - a series with 3 elements (with or without flight)
2 - a salto (can be in a second series or isolated)

There is NO front tumbling requirement.

My guess would be that she has a B jump or turn in the routine somewhere, so we don't need to worry about that.

Her RO-BHS-BT (or BLO) would qualify as either #1 or #2

Options for #2 (if counting her pass as option 1):
FT
RO-BT (w/o the BHS makes it a different series)
Use her good pass as #2 and use a different option for #1

Options for #1:
FWO-RO-BHS
FHS to stepout-RO-BHS
RO-BHS stepout-BWO
RO-2BHS (in this case, this pass would have to be competed BEFORE the other pass... and the BHS in the other pass wouldn't "count" but that's ok because she would still have it to transition to the BT or BLO - which is the only part that would matter).

Hope this helps! Good luck to your gymmie :)

When we were in level 6 we saw mostly

ROBHS BT or layout and either a single front tuck or pike or a front handspring front tuck or pike with most kids doing a back tuck and a front pike in those combinations.

The front pike is a B Skill.

A FHS-FT has no B skills in it and you don't get anything extra for the for the connection of skills at this level. These are both A skills. It is more progressive for seven though and I think that tumbling is one of those areas that many kids are ahead in, while maybe weaker on another event.

We saw lots of level 7 tumbling and very weak bar routines in level 6.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back