WAG Level 7 beam question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LinnieC

Proud Parent
Does a level 7 beam routine need to have a forward acro move or can they be all backwards (back walkovers, back handsprings, etc?) Thank you for any input!

I don’t believe so, no. 5 As and 2 Bs, full turn, leap/jump series, connected series and a flight skill, salto dismount.. I think that’s it..

I don’t believe so, no. 5 As and 2 Bs, full turn, connected series and a flight skill, salts dismount.. leap/jump series.. I think that’s it..
Awesome, thank you. I knew there was a forward/side requirement for L8 but wasnt sure if it was required in 7 as well.

L7 does not have composition deductions. the Forward/side isn't exactly a 'requirement' for 8-10, it is just variety they like to see in routines so it is a .1 deduction if there is not both back AND side or forward. Composition deductions are generally small deductions (.05 to .2) whereas the special requirements for each level are .5 for each missing requirement, as well as deductions for missing value requirements. Requirements are taken off of the start value of the routine.
The reason this is an important distinction is because you want to have all requirements for routines to start from a 10 (although this changes again in L9 and L10); However, sometimes coaches/gymnasts will choose to not fulfill all the composition expectations- for instance- if the gymnast does not have a consistent and clean forward/side element, it may not be worth the .1 due to deductions you will get. The same applies for the 'acro up to level' composition deduction.
Again- this is all L8 and above. L7 is designed to just get used to optional routines without worrying about all the composition stuff.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back