WAG Level 7 beam series

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Also my DD's series is cartwheel-RO into back tuck dismount. DD says she is positive CW-RO fulfills series requirement. Does the RO count as sideways element?

Can you explain further about this??? My dd is training lv 8 and I don't think she has anything that would qualify as this...although I haven't really seen her beam routine recently. Can you give me some examples please?

Thank you!
Forward or side elements- cartwheel, roundoff, front walkover. Also a front element in dismount Front tuck, front lay, etc) but no other front or side elements will give you only a .05 deduction. Really with it only being .1 for the deduction, it is sometimes better to leave it out than risk form deductions.

Also my DD's series is cartwheel-RO into back tuck dismount. DD says she is positive CW-RO fulfills series requirement. Does the RO count as sideways element?
The Cartwheel and Roundoff both fullfill the forward and/or sideways composition. She will need a back element (i.e. back walkover or handspring) to avoid the composition deduction, but since she has a BT dismount, it is only a .05 deduction, not really worth putting a skill in that isn't 100% perfect...

I'm used to parents having different interpetation of things. But I have to say 2 judges arguing points on what a series is a bit disconcerting.

It does however explain when you are used to your kid scoring one way and then you go to "that" meet and you think holy cow where did that score come from.

Although the "judge banner" here does not mean the judge is credentialed for optional level judging. The test to judge compulsory level and optionals are completely separate. In this case the gymnast would not be awarded the start value if the judge didn't think it met the requirement and I cannot imagine a coach not filing an inquiry if that happened.

Although the "judge banner" here does not mean the judge is credentialed for optional level judging. The test to judge compulsory level and optionals are completely separate. In this case the gymnast would not be awarded the start value if the judge didn't think it met the requirement and I cannot imagine a coach not filing an inquiry if that happened.

Level 9. Thanks.

Regarding BHS + BHS + back tuck dismount: As the BHS + BHS starts AND finishes on the beam, it does indeed count as a series. Yes, there is a back tuck added to the end of it, but that doesn't affect the series itself.

Now a BHS + back tuck dismount doesn't count as anything. As the BHS is the single acro skill starting and ending on the beam.

Regarding BHS + BHS + back tuck dismount: As the BHS + BHS starts AND finishes on the beam, it does indeed count as a series. Yes, there is a back tuck added to the end of it, but that doesn't affect the series itself.

Now a BHS + back tuck dismount doesn't count as anything. As the BHS is the single acro skill starting and ending on the beam.

A single bhs bt dismount would at least give you another B though - good option for kids who can do that into a dismount better than a round off. Of course, I'm not sure about this showing "forward, side and backward" thing - this thread is the first time I'm hearing that you got to do different direction stuff or get deducted.

A single bhs bt dismount would at least give you another B though - good option for kids who can do that into a dismount better than a round off. Of course, I'm not sure about this showing "forward, side and backward" thing - this thread is the first time I'm hearing that you got to do different direction stuff or get deducted.

There is definitely a deduction for not showing backwards acro AND Side OR Front (so you can BHS + RO, FWO + BHS, etc.), though It's a fairly small deduction (I want to say .1 but don't quote me on that!). I've had an athlete in the past who preferred the BHS dismount, so we used a front walkover to meet her acro directional requirement.

If I remember correctly, the deduction for not having fwd/side and Bkd would actually not apply at L7 as it would fall under the "composition deductions" which do not go into effect until L8.

If I remember correctly, the deduction for not having fwd/side and Bkd would actually not apply at L7 as it would fall under the "composition deductions" which do not go into effect until L8.

Yes, I wasn't thinking about level 7 specifically. That's for later. [emoji1303]

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back