1.104 Yamash!ta - 1/2 twist off
1.105 1/2 twist On-1/2 twist Off OR 1/4 twist On-3/4 twist Off
1.106 1/4 to 1/2 twist On-Repulsion Off
1.201 Handspring - 1/1 Twist
1.203 Yamash!ta - 1/1 Twist
1.206 1/2 On - 1/1 Twist Off OR 1/4 On - 1 1/4 Twist Off
1.207 1/1 Twist On - Handspring OR Yamash!ta Off
1.208 1/1 Twist On - 1/2 Twist Off

^^ thank you. Caught end of vault at practice and saw new things guess it is up training. Darn, another year ahead being totally clueless .....:)

Yes but no benefit and most kids score lower.
It seems that the ones at our gym that do 1/2 0n-1/2 off tend to score better than they do with their FHS.
We had one judge (RIP) that got so tired of judging FHS that she would be slightly more generous... maybe 0.1 more generous for anything that was not a FHS.
And YG will do better with a 1/2 on - repulsion off than her FHS because all forward landings (for some strange reason that we haven't figured out, but the coaches are working on) end in a stepout... but backward landings are to 2 feet.

Our 7s work on their regular FHS, but they also learn it will a full twist to vary it up (or I guess that is why). At meets the coach would call the score after the first vault (they always first do a FHS), and if good s/he would then have the gymnast do the full twist on the second one.
The girls are also working Tsuk drills to get that going.
I have not seen or heard of any other gym doing the FHS vault with a full twist.

^^ thank you. Caught end of vault at practice and saw new things guess it is up training. Darn, another year ahead being totally clueless .....:)

Probably up training as the flipping vaults take a lot of drills and training. I would be worried if your gymnast is doing L7 this year and is not working on training the vaults for L8+. Part of the advantage of yet another year of FH vault in 7 is that they should have it down by now, which leaves lots of time for training those flipping vaults.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back