Level 7?? :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am 13 and turning 14 in about a month... I've been doing gymnastics at a real gym for 2 years now and I progressed very quickly winning the level 5 state championship for both seasons! I'm training level 6 trying to go up to level 7. The skills that I have include:
Vault: Front handspring, and Tsuk timer

Bars: Almost whole routine except for fly away (really close to having that on my own thoe) and I have giants on the strap bar with a light spot

Floor: Front handspring front pike, Round-off bhandspring back tuck and pike (really close on layout), huge swith leap, and some other dance things

Beam: Backwalkover backwalkover, backhandspring on low beam, and all of the level 6 routine

I really want to get to 7 because my two favorite coaches are working that level and they really understand my strengths and weekness's. They are exellent coaches and they help my skills to improve and help me learn more. So please tell me what you think about this situation please! :) thanks

One thing to keep in mind is the L7 is like a "compulsory" optional level. On vault you're fine, bars you need either really strong free hips or giants, flyaway and cast to hs. Have to do a layout for floor and the acro series on beam. Sounds like you still have some work to do with L6 + 7 skills.
Does your gym offer a L6/7 option? That might be something to ask about.

Hmm I'll have to ask :) I learn new skills reeeeeally fast and my clearhip is above horizontal. I've done a backhandspring on the high beam with a very light spot thoe. Thanks for ur advice :)

for beam all you need is the bhs. and a split 180and/or jump connection. floor you are set. vault or are set. bars is where it is tricky. you will need 2 clear hips if you cant do giants. cast hs and a tuck or layout flyaway. i think you are reasonably close and level 7 coule be a possibility depending on what you gym requires you to compete for level 7

I think it depends on when your competition season is. You probably would not be able to compete 7 at my gym, depending on how good your vaults and beam are form-wise. We would want you to have a baby giant to above horizontal, good back layouts on floor, be ready to move your back handspring up, and like I said, a clean front handspring vault. Our competition season starts in January, and starting soon now we'll begin parts of routines.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back