Level 8 Regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi- I have two friends that qualified to Level 8 Regionals in Massachusetts. However, one made the "Super Team" and the other made the "All Star Team". What's the difference?

no clue. someone from that region will have to pipe in here. 1 of them will be representing their "state" team. the other? no clue.

I just searched and from what I found it looks like region 6 (that Massachusetts is in) has state teams for each age group (top 8 maybe?) and then the 9th is the alternate that competed in the "all star" group. But I wouldn't swear to that.

I live in NH, but it is still region 6 so I'm assuming it is the same. The "Super Team" sounds like Super Seven, which consists of the top seven all around scores out of any age group from the state meet. The All Star Team would be the alternate, in NH the top 7 girls from each age group (after removing the Super 7 team) make up the regular team and then the 8th gymnast goes on the All Star Team. They still get to compete at Regionals in the same session, just not in the same squad as the other girls from the normal team. Hope this helped...I can try to clarify if it is still confusing. And congrats to both your friends, it is a great accomplishment to make regionals, especially in Mass where there is a lot of competition :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back