Level 9 Eastern Nationals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3rd_time_around

Proud Parent
Judge
Well, my daughter is safely in Massachusettes and competes at 8:00 Sat morning. (FLight 2). There is some stomach bug going around again, so I'm praying so hard she will not wake up sick. :p

I'm so proud of my daughter qualifying, and whatever she does tomorrow, I'm still going to be proud of her. Praying for no sickness and no falls!!!! ;)

On another note, does anyone know why we couldn't find live scoring for this meet? I've watched it in years past and they had it at regionals, so why wouldn't they for Nationals? We couldn't find it today. :(

Good luck to your daughter tomorrow!! Glad to hear that she made it there safely.

Good Luck! Did she go alone with coaches? Such a nice honor to make nationals. Hope she enjoys every minute of it!

She did great on bars, 9.300. then 9.075 beam, and 8.975 floor. Not too bad! She was 3rd after 2 rotations, but i think floor knocked her back quite a bit.

She did great on bars, 9.300. then 9.075 beam, and 8.975 floor. Not too bad! She was 3rd after 2 rotations, but i think floor knocked her back quite a bit.

that might be because a Stratum floor was used. one big square of crap.:)

by the way, it was a great meet and was well run by the hosts.:)

yes, there is. but the stratum floor is for college gymnasts. you gotta be at least 100 lbs. to get something from it.

Congrats to your DD.

A little off topic, but not worth starting another thread for. Since you brought up the floor issue Dunno, what about spring boards? My DD stinks at vault so I'm always looking for an excuse for her LOL. Her coach made a comment to me that DD's vault woes are partly the springboard they are using. She said in the summer when the gym is empty and she can use the other springboard that the L3/L4 team is using that DD will have an easier time. She said she just doesn't weigh enough (low 30's) to really get much from the springboard available. i thought a springboard was a springboard. I wasn't aware there was a difference. Enlighten us.

the vault boards are made for 'big' kids'. those little 'beetle boards' are to light for experienced little kid vaulters and are not approved by USAG for use in competitions. so, patience is a virtue for learning vault. some of the boards are so bad/stiff that the MEN can't get off them.:)

Soooo, can I blame my dd's fall on floor at Easterns on the floor??? Ha-Ha! She was in 10th place AA going into floor, her last rotation, after the fall, she ended up in 20th place (totally not reflective of how well of a meet she had, with the "exception" of floor!)

Regardless, she had a great time and created lots of memories over the 4 days with her teammates! 9's in the past, now she's onto 10!

Soooo, can I blame my dd's fall on floor at Easterns on the floor??? Ha-Ha! She was in 10th place AA going into floor, her last rotation, after the fall, she ended up in 20th place (totally not reflective of how well of a meet she had, with the "exception" of floor!)

Regardless, she had a great time and created lots of memories over the 4 days with her teammates! 9's in the past, now she's onto 10!
What age group was she? My dd was Jr 8. She got a 9.15 on vault (9.7 sv, so pretty good!). Ended up 10th with a 36.450. I'm very proud of her. I think she expected more from herself, but she will gain perspective someday of how incredible it is just to get to Nationals. She placed 8th on bars--this is the biggest triumph in my opinion. She broke her elbow in level 5, had surgery in level 6, leaving her with a permanent bent arm (it gets less obvious over the years, but a judge did tell us that they will take off for it, esp on bars). I never thought she'd be good at bars, ever. That was her highest score at the meet! Most girls would have quit, but she stayed with it, despite pressure from a lot of people to give it up, and even from some that wrote her off.

I wish I could have been there-the pictures look so exciting!

And as Granny Smith said, 9 is in the past and 10 is in her now. She's already working on the new skills, and making her list of skills she wants to get this summer for level 10.

Congrats to your DD!! How awesome for her to have such a strong showing on bars after everything she has been through with her elbow. :) The girls at my daughter's gym are excited to have our level 9 back today to congratulate her. IIRC, I think she ended up in 6th place in Jr. 8. I bet you are so proud of your girl!

Congrats to your DD!! How awesome for her to have such a strong showing on bars after everything she has been through with her elbow. :) The girls at my daughter's gym are excited to have our level 9 back today to congratulate her. IIRC, I think she ended up in 6th place in Jr. 8. I bet you are so proud of your girl!

My daughter stayed with her!!! She had the best time.

So they did room together? I remember you mentioned that they might. Sounds like both of them had a good time! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back