losing twisting?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

has anyone else had the problem of losing twisting or even just layouts? Ive had this problem for about a year now and its getting really frustrating. I cant seem to do just a plain layout or even back tuck! I just start to twist! Ive also lost my half to the same problem. I just twist! Is there any way I can fix this? I cant tumble into a pit and I have tried visualizing but even then I can't seem to see myself doing it. Ive also tried to go back to the tramp but I have the same problem. Any ideas?

First you need to seek medical advice to see whether there is more here than meets the eye. You may have any one of many physical disorders. From back problems to shoulder to neck to length of limbs and much more need to be checked. You might have a growth problem. If your physical check up is negative then there are many drills you can work on to remove yourself from this pernicious syndrome.

However, it is possible that you will not overcome this "twitch" that you have. But you can try.

Use props. Be careful. Don't get hurt. Use supervision.

You can use stretch straps in innovative ways to pressurize your positions so that you minimize or stop twisting when you don't mean to.

Changing speed, doing things in slow motion or super fast might help.

You can use semi-rigid or rigid objects to strap against your back, limbs, or where they will do the most good to stop what you are doing.

You can use things to hold in your hands like a strap, towel, rod, pole, etc., while you perform plausible skills. The prop may prevent or minimize the twisting.

You can tie things across your legs, arms, shoulders, feet...etc.

Like I said, you will have to come up with inventions that work and also ways to use them without getting hurt.

Props are dangerous and unforeseen, unexpected mishaps can occur. Be careful.
Even blinders might work. Blindfolds. Closing your eyes. Working things on the opposite side, might help you overcome this rare disorder.

Balls held in the hands, arms, between the knees, thighs, or feet while you practice stunts, may help.

Visual cues may help like spotting the wall, floor, ceiling, someone's finger, etc.

Changing speed might help. Do things in slow motion or super fast.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back