Parents Meet report :) and :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oldest daughter had a 9 am meet. SHe brought her A game. :)
9.0 on vault-4th place
9.2 bars-3rd palce
9.1 beam-3rd place
9.450 floor-second place
36.65 AA for a third place
She was glowing. Very excited. :)

Six year old daughter had a rough meet.
Vault-8.6 -seventh place out of seven
Bars-9.6-Third place
Beam 9.1-fourth place
And floor-she got out there. She did a handstand instead of a kartwheel. Stopped. Started tearing up. Ran to her coach with arms up like what do I do. He told her to go back. She just stood there and walked off the floor. He helped her back to the floor for the final salute. So she didn't do half the routine. Was in tears.
Floor-5.8.-seventh place
My poor baby. She was doing so well until then. Would have placed decently. Her floor was lookind so good until then. She learned an important lesson tonight. She now knows what to do. She was not happy about being in the seventh place. It was all over her face. She ran to me before awards crying. I hugged her and told her to dry them up it was a mistake and one she won't do again.
33.1 aa sixth place-thought she would be last but she wasn't

Ah good and bad, they both actually did a great job and learning experiencces like that are tough on everyone. I can guarantee that it was hard on the coach as well.

Glad they both placed and were able to take some bling home!

Thanks! Yep, her coaches were upset for her. The each talked to her. They sent a text while we were all driving back to MS to check on her. Her coaches are going to emphasize the next meet with her. Give her something to look toward.
My heart broke for her. This is my child that does not cry. She is a strong cookie. She went from tears to being mad about what happened pretty quickly. Her scores went up considerable except for the floor score from her last meet.

Other than the issue on floor, their scores were awesome. 9.6 on bars and only placed 3rd. It must have been a tough meet. It sounds like your yougest is pretty determined, so I am sure she will redeem herself on floor in her next meet.

Your girls did a great job! :)

My dd did the same thing on the floor last year (same age as your dd, level 4). Messed up, teared up, walked off crying. Judges were even going to let her start all over, she refused :( I agree, it was a HUGE lesson! Now she knows that everyone messes up and they keep on going!

Thanks you all! :)
I am happy at the way they both did. They have until the end of Feb before the next meet. :) A good break to relax. The meets they are attending are fun. This one was a Mardi Gras meet. The next one is a New Orleans theme. We are taking the whole weekend to spend time with the kiddos down there. And yes the oldest is going to get her Saints Super Bowl champs shirt there. :)

Congrats to your older dd and hugs to your little one. Soundsl ike a rough meet, but she'll do better next time!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back