Parents Meet report + video (no bragging LOL)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
This is a password protected video on Vimeo

Password is winterwonderland

Well, this meet was at 7:30am *yawn* and it felt like our team was still asleep.

We started on bars . . . ugh . . . what happened? I don't think anyone connected and it really looked like they were all in slo-mo. Now mind you it feels really early in the am to me and I was also runnign a fever and trying to not pass out in the stands - my imagination? umm . . . not my imagination - scores were pretty low. Jess got 8.55 - 10th place

On to beam - usually a great event for DD . . . 9.25 . . . things looking a little better. DD said the beam felt really slippery. . . . Happy they all stayed on! . . . 4th place

Floor . . . truly an event she excels at . . . 9.05 . . . 5th place . . .

Vault. Vault is not a favorite. My expectations very low. 8.65 . . not bad . . . 2nd place?! (really tied for 1st) knock me over with a feather.

She placed 4th all around and was very pleased.

the team came away with 4th

She only has one more level 5 meet, early states, then on to level 6

Last edited:
Sounds like a very nice meet despite the early report time. Those are some very nice scores! Hope you like the vimeo account! Her beam is really lovely!

You'll be surprised about that vault. It was my dds nemesis for all of level 4. But by mid-season level 5, she had made some major improvements! I never would've expected that as Level 6, she really likes it, lol. She's now vaulting at a 4 setting! Anyone watching her level 4 vault would never have predicted that, lol. By the end of the season, your dd will make great strides with that vault and I predict you'll be seeing more 1st places there!

btw, I love the balloons popping up in your way as she goes into her bwo on floor. That's classic and would SO happen to me, heehee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice beam. She looks really comfortable there. No sign of a slippery beam there. Great job.

Good performance overall. FWIW, scores on bars and floor are more or less within range with what I saw. Vault? Who knows what they were looking for on that day. That vault could have scored high at one meet and not so much at another.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back