Meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So here's my report from yesterdays meet. The scores aren't great, but I"m not complaining. I haven't competed in about 22 years and they scored us based on Level 8 instead of the level 8 modified that they will use at the empire games.

Bars - 5.5 (couple of spots and missing some elements, but I haven't been working my bar routine)
Beam - 7.8 (missing a flight element)
Vault - 7.8
Floor - 7.5 (missing some elements so had a start value of 8.5)

Now its off to work on some of the missing elements so I can improve these scores for the June 20th meet!

sounds like it was a good chance to get out there and do some routines in front of the judges, and for not competing in 22 years you must be proud of yourself!

Well I guess I should give a meet update for our state meet this weekend.
For me, Kylie:
Beam: 8.150 (& this is my worst event)
Floor: 7.450 (my coach insisted on spotting me for two of my passes, it really brought my score down but hopefully not need any spotting at nationals)
Vault: 8.000
Bars: 7.450 (And this was supposed to be my 9.----, but I completely choked, from the first kip to almost missing my jump to the high bar it turned out awlful but I guess those things happen)
I can't remember the other two girls scores on every event but I remember that Kendall got a 9.250 on floor which was great.
My husband took pictures at the meet and we're going to put the best ones on our website soon if you want to see any of them.

awesome job ladies.
jmr can i ask how old you are. you have been out of gymnastics longer than i had! i went 15 yrs without competing.
our state meet is on the 16th. i'll let you know how it goes.

I turned 33 yesterday. I competed back in the late 80's early 90's. I did Class 4 and Intermediate Optionals.

happy birthday jmr!!!
i turn 32 next month. i started competing right after they changed from classes to levels ('89-'93)

here's my state meet results, but the judges were super easy on us and i would take 1 point off on everything for a real score.
vault: 9.1
bars: 8.85 (fall on release move)
beam: 9.1 (fall on bhs)
floor: 9.45
looking forward to va jr. olympics

Katy, those are still great scores regardless. And who cares if the judges were being easy on you, did it help boost your confidence?

interesting question...did it help boost my confidence? never really looked at it that way.
i think that because i am always the oldest i already have an attitude of show me another 30 yr old doing this. not to sound bratty, but i have to keep it in perspective when i'm surrounded by 12 yr olds that are better than me!
so as scores go - no it didn't boost my confidence. i got third out of three.
as competing goes - i'd say yes because i came back to the gym feeling energized and really looking forward to practice. i think that having routines to work on helps me gauge my progress in a different way. instead of working on and learning new skills, i'm just happy if i make it through a routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back