Parents Meet the coach . . .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
I want to add a "meet the coach" section to the website. My thought is to feature one coach & one dance teacher each month. I'm also playing around with the idea of having a student of the month as well and featuring someone that worked exceptionally hard in dance or gym (not necessarily a team girl).

My creative juices run dry and I'm having trouble thinking of interesting things to ask.:p

So, What would YOU find interesting to know? What would your kids find interesting?

Aside from the basic resume and qualification stuff.

THANKS!!
:D

Here's some of the questions they ask the team girls on the site.

Name

Level

What got you interested in Gymnastics?

Who's been your inspiration?

Favorite Food?

Hobbies?

Most Memorable meet experience or gym experience?

Personal goal(s)?

Achievements?

In addition to the obvious gymnastics questions, I think it is good to hear things about their life outside of gym. Kids sometimes forget coaches are regular people too! haha Especially the little ones, they are always surprised to see you outside of the gym.

A few off the top of my head:
gymnastics experience and qualifications
Family info- like if you have kids or are married
best vacation
favorite movie or book
Something most people wouldn't know about you- like a hidden talent
Hardest gymnastics skill for you to learn. I think the kids would like this and find it encouraging knowing that their coach can relate to a struggle they also may be having (Like learning that darn kip or giants ).

Last edited:
Fun! I'd like to add:

Proudest moment of their career

any motto they coach by

funniest thing they've ever seen while coaching

Scariest coaching moment! ((((DRAMA! Intrigue! LOL)))

Most surprising coaching moment

What level(s) they coach(ed)

Favorite level to coach (we all have one!! I refuse to believe I'm alone in this!)

Last edited:
Great thread! I want to do something similar on our team website. I think it is great to get to know the coaches, we don't get much interaction with them. I especially think knowing their background would be good.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back