Gymnasts Morning practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

09gymnast

Gymnast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips for morning practice eating? I try different things and am not fueling correctly but whenever I put the food in my mouth, I can’t swallow, I kinda just throw it up.

Does anyone have any tips for morning practice eating? I try different things and am not fueling correctly but whenever I put the food in my mouth, I can’t swallow, I kinda just throw it up.
Morning practices are also hard for me to eat (8 am is not a fun time to work out)

What I will do is usually not eat before practice, but bring a little snack to eat during practice if I need it

My daughter has practice at 8am 6 days a week and we do all kinds of different things for breakfast. She tends to lean more towards charbs than protien heavy things. She likes pancakes, muffins, toast with peanutbutter, french toast sticks, hash browns. Somedays she eats a lot and other not so much. I just try to let her follow what her body tells her it needs. She gets a snack break during practice and I try to pack an assortment of charbs, protiens and sugars so she can eat whatever her body is craving.

Maybe if you got up a little earlier and gave your body time to wake up. Get moving, take a shower or just move around the house to get your system going...

How about fruit, or nuts? I can never eat in the mornings either, and those always go down pretty well. A smoothie is also great - you can blend together whatever you need to eat and sip it on the way.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back