WAG Move up score , Level 2?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey everyone my little lady just got moved to what our gym calls level 2 team. I went to the first workout and sat and watched, wowza, some of the moms were kinda mean. Anyways they kept asking why my daughter moved up to level 2 if she had not tested out of level 1 and I just answered back with 'we showed up when they told us too ' =). So they were then talking about an AA score to move to level 3. Since I consider level 2 pretty much pre team...is there really a solid move up number for AA for it or is it on a gym by gym basis?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Chalkbucket.

Move ups at any level vary hugely gym by gym. Below L4, and even L5 in some gyms, is considered pre team and competitions are fun. So as you said,you show up when you are told to.

As for the drama mamas, welcome to children's sports. These nut jobs are everywhere. The good news is they tend to thin out as your child goes through the levels.

Not sure how little your child is, but if she is old enough the "drop and dash" is very effective when dealing with crazies. If she is too little to be left, try the laptop, or iPod, with headphones. One mom here confessed to hiding in the Leo rack in the gyms store to avoid a particular nut. You are definitely not alone.

There isn't any official move up score for level 2. Strictly gym by gym basis. Level 5 is the first level that you must "score out" of to move up. You've got the right idea with the crazy gym moms, and I'm with bog, if your child is old enough, just drop them off and leave. It's how my mom avoided the crazy moms all through the lower levels!

Hey everyone my little lady just got moved to what our gym calls level 2 team. I went to the first workout and sat and watched, wowza, some of the moms were kinda mean. Anyways they kept asking why my daughter moved up to level 2 if she had not tested out of level 1 and I just answered back with 'we showed up when they told us too ' =). So they were then talking about an AA score to move to level 3. Since I consider level 2 pretty much pre team...is there really a solid move up number for AA for it or is it on a gym by gym basis?

Thanks!

Congrats to your DD!!

As far as move up requiremnents any thing prior to moving from L5 to L6 other than a minimum age requirement is gym imposed and is not a USAG requirement. Most gyms I have experienced don't compete L1-L3 and use those levels as Pre-team. So you show up for class you move up the next year.

This link has an overview for your
:: USA Gymnastics :: Junior Olympic Program Overview ::

As far as the drama mommas go - every kids sport have them (or drama dads too). It can be hard not to get sucked in to the whole thing but try to resist if you can. A trip to the bathroom when they ask questions you don't want to hear is a good avoider. A book in hand, a pile of bills to pay, or some other type of busy work is a good "Excuse me I have to get this done" excuse to just not answer the questions but remember there are alot of great moms and dads out there too so just dealing with a few drama crazy parents to find the nice ones sometimes is worth it. Also answers like "I don't know", "I don't really care", "excuse me I have to go to the bathroom", Excuse me I have to get this done (this can be anything you can think of)"
are great for avoiding the drama mommas

Welcome to the world of competitive gymnastics.

Thanks ladies! I will for sure take the advice of not getting involved. Being there for one workout showed me that I did not want to be involved with these ladies, which is sad, since we just moved and I thought I might find some friends. Great news is that I met a totally normal mom to a level 3 girl and I feel like I can buddy up with her =). When it comes to their comments, alot of it comes from them being insecure with their childs skills , being a know it all since I am new or loving drama, either way, I am a level headed adult and won't let them reel me in lol! Thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back