WAG Movement from Xcel to JO

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does your gym allow movement from Xcel to JO?

• Yes

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
I moved from xcel to JO last year. After competing xcel for 3 seasons (bronze, gold, gold), I felt like I wasn't being challenged enough by the program. So I talked to the team HC about moving up to JO and she said she'd think about it. I kept asking about it until she said I could try out a practice with the level 5 team. They ended up accepting me. I competed level 4 that fall (I got moved up in August) and am now training for level 7. I was the first person at my gym to do this, although I hear some more xcel kids will be joining the JO team this summer :)
I love that your persistence paid off and that others may have a chance now because of your experience. All the best to you in your future competitions.

I love that your persistence paid off and that others may have a chance now because of your experience. All the best to you in your future competitions.
Thanks! Good luck to you as well, in whatever it may be that you pursue :)

It happens, I think it just depends on the area and how the xcel program is used at the gym. My daughter is at a gym that uses xcel in place of compulsories.

year 1 - bronze
year 2 - scored out of level 4, competed gold
year 3 - scored out of level 5, competed platinum
year 4 - training level 6/7, will likely compete 6 because she's not ready for L7 bars.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News