mymeetscores wrong

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anyone know what to do when mymeetscores.com posts incorrect information? They omitted one session of the Missouri State Championship meet and as a result have the wrong team scores, are missing all the girls' scores from that session and have wrong AA's, etc. The correct information has been sent to them via link multiple times with no correction. Any ideas?

p.s. don't want this to turn into a discussion about parents who keep track of scoring or whether it is right or wrong to have info posted. Since it is posted, we would like it to be correct. Thanks!

you should find those same score on your own state website. this includes the regional website also. who cares about the other? they always have mistakes and takes FOREVEVAH to get them corrected.:)

that site I don't think ever has all the right scores. Just ask your gym if they will give you the official results most of the ones I've dealt with usally will post their own gymnasts somewhere.

Thanks everyone. Our state doesn't post, just links to the host gym site which will keep posted for a little while. The girls like to see their scores on mymeetscores, so it's a bummer that some of them are missing and it shows another gym winning first place. Now know to take those scores with a grain of salt!

I find mymeetscores to be fun to look at but unreliable. About 1/2 of the meets in our state (and we have a big state for gymnastics- PA) aren't on there, so I don't trust the rankings too much. Also, I often find things posted incorrectly on there from DD's meets. It's a great idea, but it's not even close to perfect or reliable.

Why don't you organize and get at least your gyms scores together. get one mom from each level to get the scores and placements and then put them all in a grid to share with all the others.

it shows another gym winning first place
They do their own team score calculation - they don't pay attention to the meet's scoring format. Our state meet is top 5 scores on each event, but that site shows either 3 or 4 (can't remember at the moment), which changes who the winner would be.

I was looking at mymeetscores and it has all but one of DD's meets from level 5 to level 8 and they are all correct. MSO has about 1/3 of her meets. MSO recently revamped their website and in theory could be really awesome, but it's pretty worthless with so much missing info.

We sometimes try to keep up with girls who have moved away out of state and I noticed that most of their meets are missing on mymeetscores, just like what's mentioned here.

My theory is that it may be the technology used at the meets. All the meets we go to all use electronic scoring and is uploaded directly to either state or meet websites. The one meet that is missing for DD is where they were using manual scoring and they have those numbered cards that they hold up that shows the score....just a thought

mymeetscores only can post if someone either sends them the results or they are posted online and have the link. Meets that don't post scores most likely won't be there. I find it fun and interested, but definitely don't count on it!

And I never visited MSO before--just went to look and it really doesn't have much. Only my oldest DD is listed--with just two meets and she quit club gymnastics 4 years ago! My younger daughter--with 6-7 years of competitions, isn't listed at all. How weird is that??

I don't think it's the technology used at meets in states other than CA (I do notice most of their meets are on mymeetscores) I think it more has to do with whether gyms submit the scores to mymeetscores, or if the meet scores are posted anywhere online at all. It makes the rankings unreliable at best.

A couple of months ago we hosted a meet and I noticed that the scores never appeared on mymeetscores. On the website I saw that there was a menu item you can click on that's called "add scores". If you click on it, you can post a link to where the scores are posted online. When I did that, within an hour the scores for the meet showed up.

Maybe this belongs in the VENT section, but I'm so annoyed with mymeetscores and meetscoresonline. They don't have entirely accurate information (meets missing, sessions missing, etc.) and they have way too much information that can be used to track the children. It's the posting of age groups, location of gym, and names that bother me.

Here is an idea, perhaps you can all pay a subscription fee to view these sites :) Then you can complain because you are not getting the service you paid for.

If there were a suitable pay site that offered those features, I'd gladly subscribe and use it. I'd use an iPhone app if there was a good one.

If we're going to vent, why aren't level 3 gymnasts included in the top 100?
I'm not sure what the point of the Top 100 is. Unless you're being judged by the same judges, comparisons between meets is pretty well pointless. Judges within our state have some significant variances. Judges in other states are wildly different than the judges in our state.

No offense, but I think it "doesn't really count" yet.
Somebody with more info than me can chime in, but isn't L4 the starting point for USAG tracking?

Indeed, Level 3 is considered pre-team in most places. The Top 100 has no meaning, for reasons already stated.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back