National Finals - Guilford - 2/3rd Nov 2013

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymdata.co.uk

Thoughts anyone? Seems to be some new names and a few missing....

I noticed Natasha Freeman missing from the level 3s. Im looking forward to seeing the level 4 results tomorrow. Im sure Halle Hilton will do really well

Oh well spotted. I hadn't noticed that one. Slough did very well! so did South Durham. Who else was missing ?

Also didn't see Erika magpantay, and there's a couple who did well at compulsories that aren't in the voluntaries.

Sky bebbington did well, she's one I've been tracking for a couple of years as she was in team sparkle as a baby. She seemed to be a bit off form last year, I think she's no longer coached by Rochelle...no rebekah bell either of course :(

I noticed honor sheard's sister tabitha in l3 :)

Need a proper look later, I've only had a quick glance. :geek;

Francesca Scarlett won her regions voluntaries but she was missing from the results. Also, Oriel Powell did quite well at compulsories but she wasnt there either

Sky Bebbington was at Greenwich Royals for a while I think last year and is now Europa again. So she might be back with Rochelle. Megan Splain has gone to Sapphire and is doing well.

Just looking at the results. Notice no Bailey Cox, no Robyn Kilbourne. No Oriel Powell.
No Molly Palmer (weirdly I noticed her competing level 4 at the notts county team championships - how does that work? I thought if you passed compulsory 3 you are level 3 and wouldn't be allowed to compete level 4. Perhaps she was a guest)

Wonder if Natasha Freeman is injured. Hope she is back for compulsories. Likewise the others.

Robyn kilbourne seems to have changed clubs for every level she has done so far. She was at cmig, then changed to liverpool for level 4, then to sandbach for level 3. She didnt do very well at her regions voluntaries therefore didnt qualify for nationals.

Was going to say notts don't have many entries, but their usual suspects are in the east mids team. Still a couple missing from compulsories though, maybe they're one of those clubs who don't enter as individuals?

no there was only 4 in their regional comp doing level 3 so all 4 made the team. 3 were from Notts. Bella Aldridge was injured for compulsory 3 and missed it but I believe she has now passed it and will be back for compulsory 2 which is good.

I hate to see such good kids as Oriel Powell and Natasha Freeman missing.

Im looking forward to seeing the level 4 results tomorrow. Im sure Halle Hilton will do really well

Good call :). I'll have to add her to my stalking list :)

Isla lees from notts scored well, but Isabella willocks didn't compete? She was down to...

I was wondering what to expect from desharne bent ashmeil as she's one of Rochelle's gymnasts and often pops up on her bg tutorials. Kid has her own twitter account which freaks me out as she is only 9. Still I suppose they've stopped the YouTube videos which although amazing to watch and allowed for my stalker tendencies, I always worried slightly about the exposure.

That was a quick turnaround for sky then back to europa. Didn't rebekah bell also join the exodus to greenwich?

Talking of team sparkle, I see from olivia reeves' twitter that she's in a diving comp in Sweden. Doesn't she turn senior this year or next? Haven't seen much of her gymnastics recently, is she even competing in the US?

Halle Hilton has a youtube vid of her when she was 8 doing a double back and landing it which i thought was amazing. Dont know any 8 year olds that can do double backs except for her.

Halle Hilton has a youtube vid of her when she was 8 doing a double back and landing it which i thought was amazing. Dont know any 8 year olds that can do double backs except for her.

I think there's a youtube vid of Boguinskya double backing at about the same age…

ETA: I've just been off for a lookie at youtube and she is remarkably similar to DD1- body type, style, strength, level of flexibility and those early skills and bar routines look exactly the same. Obviously we'll never know whether DD would have got anywhere in gym but I definitely think BG are missing a lot of talent leaving it up to club coaches, especially in smaller clubs. I very much doubt Halle would be elite track at our old club as they seem to look for that flexibility for R+C, they require the leg lift for level 5/4 to be shoulder height...

I'm scared to comment except to say I think our results were not quite as strong as might have been hoped for.

I think there's a youtube vid of Boguinskya double backing at about the same age…

ETA: I've just been off for a lookie at youtube and she is remarkably similar to DD1- body type, style, strength, level of flexibility and those early skills and bar routines look exactly the same. Obviously we'll never know whether DD would have got anywhere in gym but I definitely think BG are missing a lot of talent leaving it up to club coaches, especially in smaller clubs. I very much doubt Halle would be elite track at our old club as they seem to look for that flexibility for R+C, they require the leg lift for level 5/4 to be shoulder height...

Halle scored a 12.00 at national finals for R& C though so she must have decent flexibility.

Halle scored a 12.00 at national finals for R& C though so she must have decent flexibility.

I'm sure she does, the YouTube vid I was looking at was from 2010. She didn't have the 180 split in bwo, high leg lift etc, but she's in a good club and if you have the right tendons that can be sorted easily with a little work. Two years is plenty of time to go from average to having an elite standard range of movement.

I'm sure she does, the YouTube vid I was looking at was from 2010. She didn't have the 180 split in bwo, high leg lift etc, but she's in a good club and if you have the right tendons that can be sorted easily with a little work. Two years is plenty of time to go from average to having an elite standard range of movement.

I think she only 6 LOL! I don't think she looked anything like average for 6 she was amazing!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back