WAG New L7 floor question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What tumbling is B? My dd doesn't have good split leaps, so probably can't pick up B's there. She does have her front handspring-front tuck and her RO-BHS-BLO. Will that work?

Common "B" tumbling for level 7 would be a front pike, front layout, or back 1/2 or full.
The most common "B" dance for level 7 would be a 1 1/2 turn, switch leap, straddle jump, pike jump, tuck jump 1/1.

Like I said, she doesn't have to have a "B" tumbling element. A standard basic L7 floor routine might be front handspring + front tuck (A + A), RO + BHS + Layout (A + A + A), a 1 1/2 turn (B), a leap pass like split leap + straddle jump (A + B) and some filler choreography.

What about wolf full and tour jete, FHA front tuck and layout
This parent is asking about USAG rules, I'm assuming, based on their location and questions.
For USAG JO:
Wolf 1/2 is also a B.
Tour jete is also a B (but if split leaps are rough; it can be hard to get credit for this one).

Where do you get your info from?

I'm a level 9 certified women's judge through USA Gymnastics (and the code book is next to me on the couch). I'll be taking my level 10 test this summer so I can judge all levels of women's junior olympics gymnastics.

Where do you get your info from?

If you look below her name, you will see that she is a coach - that is how she knows. Or perhaps he - I'm not sure.

also, she let you know she is quoting USAG rules, which do not necessarily apply to you - we do not use USAG rules in Canada - even with the recent changes. They are close, but not identical.

If you look below her name, you will see that she is a coach - that is how she knows. Or perhaps he - I'm not sure.

also, she let you know she is quoting USAG rules, which do not necessarily apply to you - we do not use USAG rules in Canada - even with the recent changes. They are close, but not identical.

Yep. I was trying to provide information to the original poster who was clearly asking about USAG rules and skill values. Canada is different.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back