WAG Northern Lights 2015 Level 10 9.85 on Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Congrats to your DD on her 9.85 on beam! That's a great accomplishment! Good luck to her!

Great job! And good for her for always getting back up there when she has a fall like that. I just showed my son and he was quite impressed.

Hooray! I will cross my fingers for her to put it all together at states. I thought vault was much better this time.

She is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing. My DD is struggling big time in bars right now, so it is inspiring to show her that even the best have their struggles and keep working hard though them. :)

She looks great, thanks for posting and keep doing so! Good luck at States!!

And 2 questions - has your fabulous DD had a lot of dance training in her career - and if so how much has she done, and was it specifically gymnastics dance or something else?? She really just has a beautiful 'way' about her - wondering if that is all natural, or if some of it is dance training.
And, forgive me for asking if this is too forward-looking to get to now, but I am hoping she is looking at elite down the road? She is truly remarkable :)

And 2 questions - has your fabulous DD had a lot of dance training in her career - and if so how much has she done, and was it specifically gymnastics dance or something else?? She really just has a beautiful 'way' about her - wondering if that is all natural, or if some of it is dance training.
And, forgive me for asking if this is too forward-looking to get to now, but I am hoping she is looking at elite down the road? She is truly remarkable :)
@lovofu, I was also wondering if she has had any proper dance experience. She definitely has a great deal of artistry. I couldn't believe that beam routine, either. That was insane! Today, I showed my girls Sophia's floor routine and the beam routine as a reference for some of the things I'm trying to teach them. I'm also curious to know if she has elite aspirations, and what number of hours she currently trains?
She is so good! What is that release move called that she fell on?
That release move is a straddled Jaeger. She's demonstrating fantastic safety habits when she falls, too. Falling safely is a skill in itself!

Sophia has never had any dance training formally. She has done two ballet classes and the ballet teacher actually said......we have found something Sophia doesn't take to naturally. I think that maturity (strange to say at 11) has helped and the routine was choreographed and just touched her heart in the right place. She does have goals past level 10 but her coaches are conservative and take things one small step at a time! Thank you for the nice comments!

@lovofu, I was also wondering if she has had any proper dance experience. She definitely has a great deal of artistry. I couldn't believe that beam routine, either. That was insane! Today, I showed my girls Sophia's floor routine and the beam routine as a reference for some of the things I'm trying to teach them. I'm also curious to know if she has elite aspirations, and what number of hours she currently trains?

That release move is a straddled Jaeger. She's demonstrating fantastic safety habits when she falls, too. Falling safely is a skill in itself!
She currently trains 25 hours a week and no two a days at this time!

The reason I asked about the name of the move is that I thought it was the yurchenko like that video of the Italian girl with the coach catching her... But I knew my own dd had been practicing falling on bars and it looked just like this video.

Is it pronounced Yah-gur?

I've always loved watching Sophia's routines! Her form is just gorgeous!!
If I do recall, she's always been a bit of a perfectionist (not sure if she herself is) but her gymnastics has always been very clean and the dance well performed!!
Thanks for sharing!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back