Parents Now on to the fun stuff......

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
DD's L8 season has been over for about 3 weeks and boy is she enjoying it. She is loving no stress, no routines and especially working new skills. (freehip to handstand, fhspring, layout-layout, handspring handspring on beam, shoot over and up on bars. She is making nice progress and having fun. She is also doing track for her school. First meet is tomorrow. She is so small, I am not sure how she will do. She is jumping and hurdling. lol

Her state meet went well. She did not make it to regionals. You needed about a 37 to go. There are a ton of talented girls out there. She had 8.85 on beam, 9.1 floor, 8.45 vault and 8.0 on bars. It was a good day for her. Here is the video YouTube - Level 8 States

a 37 to get to regionals! Holy Cow!! Alex have yet to see a 36 EVER!! Congrats to your DD for a great state meet!! Glad she is enjoying uptraining! I think Alex is sortof dreading it (fears). Will your DD compete level 9 next season? Have a great uptraining season!!

My dd is usually very cautious on new skills. I am happy she is so gung ho with her new skills. That could change at any minute. She had a lot of issues with her walkover handspring. She was afraid to connect it. She finally got it for the last two meets of the season, but still with a bit of drama. We find out what level she will do after summer. I bet she will start the season at L8 and if ready move to 9, but who knows. We will see! Good luck to your dd!

THat 37AA is huge. I think your DD did great. Uptraining is so much fun and I think is the perfect antidote to those long comp seasons.

It is a shame that girls aren't encourgaed more by getting to regionals, but that score is just so restrictive. A real shame.

I think the top 6 in each age group go to regionals. From looking at the results, you needed about 36.65-36.8 for 6th place depending on what age group your were in. Tough!

Just watched her video. She looks like she had a great time at the meet. I loved the reaction of her teammate when she connected her beam series and their handshake thing after her beam routine.

Txgymfan: That is one of my favorite memories of her meet. I also loved her coaches reaction after beam!! You can tell it has been a big struggle for her :) Thanks for the kind words!

She has very nice dance on beam and floor and knows how to show it off!! Yes, it tough in some states that take only a % of the age groups to regionals. Good luck to her with the new skills.

Same region, different state- the top 10 or 11 per age group went to regionals- 6 on our state team, a few on the all star teams, and a few to the small states who don't have enough girls. Even with 10 or 11 qualifying, you had to get near 37! It's tough around here!

Your dd did a great job!

My DD is loving the new skills work and lower pressure too. (BTW- do you when the PAWGJ drawing for the free weeks of camp is? They haven't called yet, so I'm guessing we didn't win.)

Oh my gosh! I can't imagine needing a 37 to get to Regionals! It's a 34 here--for levels 8-10.

Congrats to your daughter on a great meet! Can't watch the video here at work, but it sounds like she did great.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back