Parents Online Judging sites?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello All,
As the competition season nears, we found a site that offers evaluations on videotaped routines so we were wondering whether or not anybody has any experience utilizing such a service? Our current gym does not have mock meets so we were curious about having some of our daughter's routines analyzed to help her with the upcoming season.

Dan

Who are the people that are offering this? Are they judges, experienced coaches? I would be very leery of paying anyone to do a evaluation of my child based on a video.

I found a site called gymnastjudge.com but other than what's written on their site I don't know much about it. I've searched google and haven't found any anectodal experiences so I was curious if they were a legitimate business.

I agree, save your money and rely on the coaches to give you those answers. Also, once she gets to her first meet, you'll have your answer as well. I know it's hard to wait, though! My little miss just had her judges critique a couple of weeks ago and her first meet is in two more weeks. I know as parents we get anxious to be sure if they are on the right track.

ANother issue that might come up if you decide to go this route. What will you do with this info? Will you try to "teach" your kid the correct way to do things or will you go to your child's coach to fix this problem. I am guessing that either way your child and coach will not be happy!

We did do it once, but I never even let my daughter know about it, and I really didn't care about the score value. I just wanted to gain some understanding of how gymnastics is scored so I could follow what I was seeing a little bit. Understanding the scoring did help make the meets a little less frustrating for us to watch. Before we had the evaluation, I couldn't see any mistakes at all, but now I can at least see that it's not all perfect. I thought it was worth it once as an education tool for a clueless parent, but I can't see how it would help the gymnast or the coach. I agree that they already know.

We did do it once, but I never even let my daughter know about it, and I really didn't care about the score value. I just wanted to gain some understanding of how gymnastics is scored so I could follow what I was seeing a little bit. Understanding the scoring did help make the meets a little less frustrating for us to watch. Before we had the evaluation, I couldn't see any mistakes at all, but now I can at least see that it's not all perfect. I thought it was worth it once as an education tool for a clueless parent, but I can't see how it would help the gymnast or the coach. I agree that they already know.

Yes! Although I didn't use a paid site. I just recently posted here and some great people told me what I was looking for. ;) I am not going to coach her nor did I think her scores at her recent meet were wrong. I just wanted to be more educated in watching the sport. It also helps me understand what dd is talking about when she is talking about her day at gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back