Parents Other activities to build upper body strength?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymhorsemom

Proud Parent
My daughter (7 and on pre team) struggles with upper body strength. She is the weakest in her group. She is extremely flexible. Her pre team meets 2x/week for 2 hours and she doesn't do other activities other than a weekly music lesson at the moment. Since she does have time for more activities I would love to add something that would help her with upper body strength. I was considering rock climbing. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

My daughter (7 and on pre team) struggles with upper body strength. She is the weakest in her group. She is extremely flexible. Her pre team meets 2x/week for 2 hours and she doesn't do other activities other than a weekly music lesson at the moment. Since she does have time for more activities I would love to add something that would help her with upper body strength. I was considering rock climbing. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
I have been considering a chin up bar for my nearly seven year old , although I will ask her coach if this is ok first , I thought swimming would be good ?

chin up bars are great IF your child wants to use them, rock climbing sounds great fun, but swimming is a good all-round exercise

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back