WAG Ouch! Coaching injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I had a tetanus shot last year. It hurts to reach my pinkie finger to the shift key, but I can make a fist, bend all my fingers, etc. It's going to bruise and it's going to be sore and hurt for a while. My friend took a look at it this morning and agreed with me that there is probably nothing a doctor would be able to do for it. I'm just going to do my best to keep it clean and not bang it! I have a high deducible plan and really don't want to spend the money at the doctor if I don't need to. Just walking in the door will cost me a fortune. I'll keep you up to date. It looks better this morning. My pinkie finger is starting to bruise but there's no swelling.

Seriously, a "graphics" warning would have helped. Ouch. Keep an eye on the numbness and movement of that pinky.

Well, wouldn't this qualify for worker's comp? If you do go a doctor, check into that first. While it is nasty to look it, it does look like just soft tissue damage. I imagine icing and elevating would be all they would say, but I am not a dr.

I have a high deducible plan and really don't want to spend the money at the doctor if I don't need to. Just walking in the door will cost me a fortune.

What a terrifying look into the future for the Australian public health system. Our government wants to introduce a $7/visit copayment to see a GP and this has already resulted in people canceling appointments (as they don't realise that it isn't in effect yet). I forget how lucky we have been, where we wouldn't think twice about a quick (free) visit to the local doctor.

Glad that it isn't more serious. Now you can use a photo of it as a warning sign underneath the vault!!

Gosh I thought you were going to say one of the girls didn't want to do conditioning and bit you!!!!!

Oh, my girls know that coaches get hurt too! In fact, I get hurt way more than they do. I have a collection of photos of getting hit in the face, etc. Coaching is brutal.

A Doctor can't do anything for that. I did this about a month ago but not quite as bad. Was it an older vault with 2 posts for adjusting?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back