DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Does anyone have any tips for overshoots for tall gymnasts? I have one that can do an overshoot great with bent knees...but she is not comfortable with straight legs. She could fit by scooping up and through...but I'm not having much luck. Any tips?

What is your bar setting? Just wondering because I don't encounter this issue much anymore. Based on a time before AAI super wide, my advice may be straddle backs :)

What is your bar setting? Just wondering because I don't encounter this issue much anymore. Based on a time before AAI super wide, my advice may be straddle backs :)

We swing very wide...on AAI elite we are...

High bar = 3 above FIG
Low bar = 2 above FIG
High bar spread = All the way down
Low bar spread = Down to FIG

We have started working straddle backs as well. She is doing fine with those progressions.

We swing very wide...on AAI elite we are...

High bar = 3 above FIG
Low bar = 2 above FIG
High bar spread = All the way down
Low bar spread = Down to FIG

We have started working straddle backs as well. She is doing fine with those progressions.

Hmm. Okay. All I can suggest then is lots of timers with a mat/pad on the low bar. And keep working the straddle back, because it may be the better option...I would work straddle back hand to toe hecht connection.

yep, gymdog said it. she's afraid of hitting her feet/toes on the low bar even though she may not let you know that. put a mat over the bar until she proves to herself that it is no longer necessary to bend her legs on the way thru. this could take some time or maybe not at all.:)

I just posted video this week of my tall daughter doing bail drill. She's 5'51/2" , she likes the bail better than straddle back.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back