MAG Practice game time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
The frequency of it would bother me. And don't even get me started about using paid practice time for a promposal. At my DD's old gym the girls used to lose 25 mins of practice most Saturdays to help set up for bday parties. Used to drive me bonkers!!!!

I feel like I'm paying for gymnastics instruction, not organized play time. Every now and then is fine but as frequently as you describe would piss me off. I can organize my own play dates and for free! I pay you to make my kid a better gymnast.

The frequency of it would bother me. And don't even get me started about using paid practice time for a promposal. At my DD's old gym the girls used to lose 25 mins of practice most Saturdays to help set up for bday parties. Used to drive me bonkers!!!!

I feel like I'm paying for gymnastics instruction, not organized play time. Every now and then is fine but as frequently as you describe would piss me off. I can organize my own play dates and for free! I pay you to make my kid a better gymnast.

And this was my exact feelings. I get that they are boys, and need to have fun. That is important. But gymnastics has to be fun in itself too. You can't be doing high level gymnastics in hopes that you get to play games later. I love watching them play a game for 10-15 minutes...couple of times a week. But every night, 30 minutes?

Our team ends EVERY practice with a conditioning game. Sometimes it's ship to shore, sometime gymnastics tag, they have a game called colors they love. They also have a contest EVERY practice. Handstands, or beating your mushroom record or stick it, or something it is about performance under preasure. That said our coach is AMAZING at keeping kids moving and running an efficient practice, like kids move stations every 6 minutes and often cover 4 or 5 events in an hour. So the contest or games are really "rest" times too. The group is level 4 to 6 and age 9 to 13.

When our boys were younger, I liked that too. But these are 12-15 yo level 8-9s. They have tons of downtime, and lots of fun...lol. I like the games. Just not 30 minutes every practice. And since we now have no coach, I guess we shall see what happens :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back