Practice meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NGL780309

DD has her first meet ever on Saturday and yesterday at gym she had a practice meet. Even though she had mistakes I would be thrilled if her real meet went that well. They didn't get scores or anything, just practiced going through the routines like it was a meet.

Vault went really well. She has just in the last week learned how to stop piking her vault. It looks so nice now. She doesn't have a really powerful vault, but very pretty now.

Bars was really great, until her dismount. Her routine was so nice and she has really improved her form in the past few months. She is having so much trouble standing up her dismount. She just really learned to do it properly and I think it's just going to take time. She either sits it down or she falls foward. Still I'd totally take that routine at the meet with a sit down on her dismount or not.

Beam was okay. I was really proud of her for covering her mistakes nicely and keeping it going. She's been working very hard on keeping her legs straight longer before she tucks in her feet on the mount and she did that much better. Her mistakes were stepping back too quickly after her heel snap, she wobbled a bit on her scale and her dismount wasn't held long enough. Overall it's a routine I would be thrilled for her to do at a meet.

Floor looked pretty good. It's all detail things for her right now. Her knees came apart just a tiny bit on her handstand forward roll, she needs to get her back leg up more on her leap, and she had a little trouble controlling her rebound out of her ROBHS. They have been working hard on her round-off and something has clicked this week and she has all this new power that wasn't there before.

Hopefully Saturday will go something like yesterday.

I am excited for her on Saturday! I look forward to hearing the report. Sounds like everything is in place and it should be a solid start. Good luck!

Sounds like a solid performance for her first time competing, here's to hoping the real meet goes just as well! It sounds like you have a great outlook on the whole experience as well, I'm sure that will only help with her confidence.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back