Prep-Op Silver Region 5

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
Hello!! So I was just informed by my coach that I may be able to compete Prep-Op next year but she's from PA and is not familiar with Region 5 Prep-Op.
So, from what I can tell I would be a Prep-Op Silver (In between level 5 and 6 ish)
But from videos on youtube some prep-op silver routines are really simple...but according to Region 5's website Prep-Op Silver IS between level 5 and 6. Do the levels vary according to what Region/State you're in??

Honestly ANY information on Prep-Op Silver would be helpful!!
Like a sample of what a routine (Skill wise) would look like on the different events?

Would this count for a bar routine?
Pull-over, mill circle (or front hip), squat-on, long hang kip, cast, back hipcircle, cast away, tap swing, level 5 dismount (or flyaway....can you do a flyaway in silver???)

Thanks!!!

Doing a Google search for region 8 prep op will take you to their skill requirements for each level. Every state/region has its own rules but his will give you a guideline.

In nc, there is a huge range of what you can do in each level. It's good in one way because girls can include new skills as they get them but it can also mean that some gyms specifically oversimplify their routines to get high scores.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back