MAG question about points for floor exercise?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Hi, my region 5 L4 gymnast forgot something in his floor exercise at his last meet.....it was the little "jump" that comes just before the round-off back handspring. I was wondering if anyone knows how many points deduction that is? His score was still really high and some of the parents were curious, including me....thanks!

it was still high cause the Judge, more likely than not, just let it go. you're lucky he is a boy doing boys gymnastics...:)

I think that a lot of it just depends on the judge. By a high score, do you mean over 10, or over 9? At least at the meets we have been to this year, the scores over 10 all seem to be extremely strong routines with only tiny little things wrong (like a toe not pointed here or there). But many of the 9s are strong routines with maybe something like you mentioned missing. So - everything else was strong; but there was one mistake that was more than just not pointing a toe.

It was an 11.0.....which is why I thought he may have not deducted for it? His last floor score was an 11.2.....we kind of thought the judge maybe let it go, otherwise it maybe wasn't worth much! Thanks for the info!

Wow, that is high! I bet its what Dunno said, doesn't sound like he was deducted for a missing element. Congrats to him for breaking into the 11's!

wow, super high score! I'm guessing he had all the bonuses and didn't receive the deduction for the missing tuck jump. ??

wow! that is high! I don't know if I have seen an 11 on floor at all for the level 4s in our area. In fact, I have seen very few 11s at all for any event (at our last competition there was an 11.3 on pommel for one of the kids).

I have figured out there is just no figuring out how a judge is going to score. :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back