Questions to Ask at Parent Meeting??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jen1957

Proud Parent
My DD is moving up to the L4 Team in January (she's moving up from non-competitive preteam) and there is a parent meeting tomorrow night for all the new team parents. We were given a pretty informative packet of information along with the letter inviting my daughter to team. Besides the time and $$$$, I'm not exactly sure what other information I need to know. I was wondering what other questions I should ask?

Also, her gym has a parent booster club. From what I understand now, they fundraise to help offset some of the costs for the gymnasts. Is there anything specific I should ask about in regards to the boosters?

DD has been at this gym for several years doing rec classes then preteam, but I feel like we're getting ready to enter a whole new ball game!!

Thanks!!

Ask if participation in the booster club and/or fundraising is mandatory or can you just write a check for the whole amount? Personally, I would never join a booster club again...too much drama for too little return..

I'm the president of our booster club & will be holding the very same type of meeting on Saturday :)

Here's what I'd ask:

1. Is there an opt-out for participation (there may be, but it may be hefty - ours is $1,000 - and that only covers coaches meet fees)
2. How much time are you required to put in per year? How do they track your hours?
3. How many fundraisers does your club put on each year?
4. Are all fundraisers mandatory or are some optional?
5. What does your fundraising $$ cover?? (are they covering meet fees, leos, warmups, etc or just coaches meet fees & travel?)
6. When will your $$ be due? Is there a payment plan & if so, when are they payments due?
7. Does the booster club do any teambuilding events? & if so, how often?

and, the most important (if you want to make a good impression on the booster club officers)....

8. How can you help and when can you start (lol!!)

Good Luck - you'll have a great time & so will your kiddo!!

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it! I think my biggest unknown is the whole booster club thing.

Dunno, that was going to be my first question! LOL!! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back