MAG Quick Floor Routine Construction Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Can you connect an acrobatic skill to a dive roll?

For example, would FHS Front 1/1 (C) + Dive Roll (A) be acceptable. The rest of passes will end in stick.

This is for JO L10.

Yes it is legal. However a gymnast is only allowed one "roll-out" and one "jump to prone" per routine. This would count as your one "roll-out" skill.

I feel like almost all the boys around here use a dive roll after a front pass. My ds is the exception. I wish he'd add one because he has three front landings and consistently loses at least a tenth on each.

I am dreading the front landings. D has 2 right now..one as the ending pass. Kinda wish he would change that one to something else...more consistent.

Yeah. I am trying to get him to talk to his coach about a back pass ending in layout. He has lots of options there. But he wants to end with a front handspring baroni, which I know is a back landing,but it is just not a pretty pass unless he fixes it quick!

Around here level 8 & 9s almost all end in the back layout too since it's the easiest B to stick.

You sound like me skschlag. I keep telling ds to ask coach about adding the dive forward roll. Ds says, if coach thought it was a good idea, he would have already told me to do it. I guess I should mind my own business.

yeah. I am trying to do that. I asked D what he thought,and he said the same thing I did. SO I said...talk to your coach!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back