WAG Region 5 question.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2-4

Proud Parent
On the website for region 5 it looks like there is a date for L 7 regionals. Does anyone know for sure about a L 7 regional meet and what the qualifying process is? We haven't had a regional championship for L7.

According to the R5 minutes I found online, qualification score and entry fee will be determined by email vote. But it is to run the same as the Level 8 Regional meet.....therefore I assume that top X # of gymnasts in each age category will be competing as the State Team and other girls with qualifying scores (tbd) will be competing as individuals . This was on their June minutes.

This is the inaugural year for both Level 7 and Xcel Regionals for Region 5. People are still iffy about sending gymnasts to both. Especially since the Level 7 one is the same weekend as JO Nationals.

There has been an Xcel 'Invitational' but not a real regionals. There are qualifying scores but I can't get to them right now. They are all fairly low in my opinion.

Last season R6 had a regional meet for level 7. My dd scored a 37.05 at states. I recall they took the top 30 girls, straight down the line. Not the top 30 scores, but top 30. So, if 3 or 4 or 5 girls all got the same score and they were in the line of the top 30, they went to regionals. My dd was 32nd place out of all of the girls at the state meet. Just missed the cutoff by a hair. I saw someone mention in a post that they thought an AA of 35 might be a qualifying score. It wasn't the case in our region. Just something to keep in mind. :)

@saddlupasb and/or anyone else in the know -- When you have a moment, I am interested in hearing more about the Xcel Regionals for Region 5. How do gymnasts qualify? Is it all Xcel levels or just some? Thanks!

In region 5 our level 8 and up all qualify by score. Its a 35 all around for level 7, it is posted on the Michigan Gymnastics Facebook page.
I see. It's nice that they do a specific AA cutoff. That way it seems like they will have a good amount of girls who may be able to qualify.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back